Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-12-2010, 02:55 PM
But dispersal pattern 3 dropping 16 mines is really fun except it sucks on anything except BoP :-)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
I dunno, I have hit some really strong quantum mines before.
I have flown through mine fields CLOAKED, with no shielding at all, and hit like 15 mines and still wasn't destroyed. I was hurt pretty bad, but still in one piece. I was just clearing them out so it would be easier to target the enemies and we stomped them in the ground with extreme prejudice because the mine spam is irritating.

Mines are basically skill-less torpedoes. Fed players just get right up in your face because they don't understand how to properly maneuver in a battle then just drop mines all over you because it's easy and they don't miss.

What they don't realize apparently is that half those mines hit multiple shield facings which just further mitigates any damage potential there.

If I had my way, i'd make mines do AOE damage and hit friendly ships as well as enemies. Then maybe the feds would think twice before surrounding themselves with 50 of them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysRemember

If I had my way, i'd make mines do AOE damage and hit friendly ships as well as enemies. Then maybe the feds would think twice before surrounding themselves with 50 of them.
make it so!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-12-2010, 04:45 PM
It seems like learning to use the mouse to target in situations where tab-targetting is not adequate is a perfectly viable solution that you can all enact without any developer help. I use it every day, and it works great. I've even used it in other MMOs! It's a portable solution!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefinitelyNotATerrorist
It seems like learning to use the mouse to target in situations where tab-targetting is not adequate is a perfectly viable solution that you can all enact without any developer help. I use it every day, and it works great. I've even used it in other MMOs! It's a portable solution!
You must assume we all fight in Fed Balls where proximity allows for mouse targeting. When you are far away or have many mine clusters between you and the target, mouse targeting doesnt work...there isnt enough fidelity for the mouse to distinguish between the clusters and the ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Depends on the mines your dropping really, plasma mines are actually rather good for Bird of Prey's as it acts as spraypaint, if they ran through the minefield cloaked, they will give off a trail of plasma effect where they are despite being cloaked
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
I like it, and I don't think I've EVER seen anyone "accidently" run into mines. Most of the time I'll even run my escort through them just to get those PITAs out of the way
I gotta agree with this.

Though will say, scramble sensors on the fedball really has a lot of hilarious effects, especially if they just dropped a massive load of mines.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Are we playing the same game? Change the targeting in your options so that it doesn't target objects unless clicked. Problem solved. You can also use one of the many pulse/aoe abilities to destroy minefields.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-12-2010, 11:02 PM
I realise this may be the wrong place but anytime i've come across mines(PvE or PvP) I've always just run straight through them with no problems. Mostly because im a tanked cruiser engi captain or i shoot them down.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-13-2010, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
You must assume we all fight in Fed Balls where proximity allows for mouse targeting. When you are far away or have many mine clusters between you and the target, mouse targeting doesnt work...there isnt enough fidelity for the mouse to distinguish between the clusters and the ship.
If you manage to put enough mine clusters between yourself and the enemy that you can't see them... that kind of sounds like your own damn fault.

The "don't target objects" thing makes this thread even more hilarious.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:21 AM.