Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Leave the BoP as the jack of all trades with its universal slots. But for the Raptors, provide us with discipline varinats for each tier.

This means we'd get a Raptors in each tier with the current Tactical variant with its extra tactical BO slot, but also a second Engineering variant with an extra engineering BO slot in place of the extra tactical BO, and a Science variant with an extra science BO slot in place of the extra tactical slot. Now, the top BO slot would remain tactical...just the bottom rank tactical slot becomes the flex-slot across the ship class in order to create variants.

Each varinat looks the same as the next...just its slight specialization changes, but the Raptor would still remain offensivly minded since the top BO slot remains tactical.

For the Cruisers, Im not so sure an extra tactical slot would be fair...but it would be a bit more consistent with KDF Cruiser design...leaning more toward DPS compared to a Fed Cruiser that might lean a bit more toward support.

Anyway, KDF Cruisers(Battle-Cruisers really) would have their current variant which is Engineering oriented. But now we add a Science variant which replaces the lowest engineering BO slot with an equal rank Science BO slot. And perhaps we have a tactical variant which replaces the lowest engineering BO slot with an equal rank tactical BO slot.

I'd like to think this allows the Klingons to maintain their rather limited hull designs and seemingly more utilitarian use of their hulls(even if they still remain warships first and foremost), while allowing the KDF to still adapt their ships sligthly to diferent roles, while still maintaing their main design purpose(through preservatin of the highest BO slot desgnation(tactical, science, engineering). This would hopefully provide the Feds with ships hulls which are still more specialized and role oriented than the KDF variants.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Our sci ships should be carriers, each level. We should have bop,s carriers and cruisers.

We should have had carriers from day one at every tier so that they could be tested, and not be the buggy poopfest they are now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Our sci ships should be carriers, each level. We should have bop,s carriers and cruisers.

We should have had carriers from day one at every tier so that they could be tested, and not be the buggy poopfest they are now.
Ah...no sock?!?!

Carriers in each tier is an interesting idea...but I think i'd find that a bit of a stretch for KDF low tier hulls....on th eoteh hand, I'd like the ide of a stand-off strategic carrier over the current Bee-Hive/mothershp.

The need for diversity and variation in the role of the larger core ships of the KDF is still needed from Tier2 on through Tier5 though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Ah...no sock?!?!

Carriers in each tier is an interesting idea...but I think i'd find that a bit of a stretch for KDF low tier hulls....on th eoteh hand, I'd like the ide of a stand-off strategic carrier over the current Bee-Hive/mothershp.

The need for diversity and variation in the role of the larger core ships of the KDF is still needed from Tier2 on through Tier5 though.
If carriers are a balanced and playable idea at ANY level, it's a balanced and playable idea at all levels.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Might that leave us too much of a mirror of the Feds...3 hulls, each for a different discipline. Variants at least allow us to have the same hull some what specialized for a specific discipline/role...meh, its sort of different.

Now, if it means I can have a true stand-off carrier, then hey, i'll entertain it
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine

Klingons having a non-cloaking ship at every tier (well, I guess every tier T2+) would be a really sweeping change in the whole gameplay dynamics for FvK matches, especially for people who don't do premades.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it would be very different.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Carriers don't even work in T5 right now, let's not spread that madness to any other tier.

Also, I think you're suggesting making bridge officer slots more universal. While that would be great, clearly that would be overpowered.

I already find it ironic that KDF cruisers get all the benefits of what a fed player would want from their cruisers (higher turn rate, lower overall hull) and still get a cloaking device for free. I don't see how it can get much better.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
Carriers don't even work in T5 right now, let's not spread that madness to any other tier.

Also, I think you're suggesting making bridge officer slots more universal. While that would be great, clearly that would be overpowered.

I already find it ironic that KDF cruisers get all the benefits of what a fed player would want from their cruisers (higher turn rate, lower overall hull) and still get a cloaking device for free. I don't see how it can get much better.
this ^^^^^^^^^^
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post

No, not universal slots...these are different ships. If you want to mimic a univesal slot, you'd have to acquire three variants of the same ship hull.

Im saying have a K'tinga Standard, k'tinga +Tactical and K'tinga +Science...3 diffeent ships. With the two varaints with a slight lean from Standard toward and Science or Tactical. Dont confuse this with being Tactical and Science class k'tingas, they arent. It just allows you select a K'tinmga hull that has been shifted from the Yellow(Engineering) Standard K'tinga, to a Orangy-Yellow Engineering slated K'tinga with a Tacticl low slot. Or a Greenish-Yellow Engineering slated K'tinga with a low Science slot.

Either way, you get a K'tinga thats still mainly a Yellow Engineering hull...just skewed a bit one way or another along the shipe role/class spectrum.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
No, not universal slots...these are different ships. If you want to mimic a univesal slot, you'd have to acquire three variants of the same ship hull.

Im saying have a K'tinga Standard, k'tinga +Tactical and K'tinga +Science...3 diffeent ships. With the two varaints with a slight lean from Standard toward and Science or Tactical. Dont confuse this with being Tactical and Science class k'tingas, they arent. It just allows you select a K'tinmga hull that has been shifted from the Yellow(Engineering) Standard K'tinga, to a Orangy-Yellow Engineering slated K'tinga with a Tacticl low slot. Or a Greenish-Yellow Engineering slated K'tinga with a low Science slot.

Either way, you get a K'tinga thats still mainly a Yellow Engineering hull...just skewed a bit one way or another along the shipe role/class spectrum.
Actually you're still suggesting the exact same thing as universal slots. You're simply justifying it by saying that you have to commit to the ship. Well let me tell you this, I can own every ship in the game if I want to, they don't cost anything. 20k? That's ONE pvp match at tier 5. The ones that cost tha absolute most still cost less than a white beam array mark x on the auction house.

So simply put, you ARE suggesting universal slots veiled under the guise of 'different ships.'