Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground Combat, please fix
02-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Ok seriously, I dont want alot of flaming here but I know it's unavoidable.

Devs, can you pretty please take a new look at ground combat? In its current state its just plain bad.

I think you guys really messed up when you decided to not go mroe FPS with it. Can still use guns, can still equip shields, kits, all that good stuff, but seriously, how about a first person or third person static camera while using your mouse to aim and shoot.

Can't be that hard, and would make it fun. Bearable at least.

Current state, ground to me is just plain to be avoided.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Also btw, the way camera operates when you have someone targeted is downright ****ing me off
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 04:59 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing a Mass Effect type of ground combat. FPSish with "pets" and a cover system worked in. I think it would fit well, but it would require a full rewrite of the current engine, which will never happen
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Please no FPS. I wouldn't mind more like Mass Effect style 3rd person. But I do not want this turned into yet another FPS. For the most part, I actually enjoy it the way it is. It's a nice break from Space Combat, but isn't as deep or complex.

I do agree that the camera could use some work.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 05:55 PM
The camera when crouched has me all over the place.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejin
Please no FPS. I wouldn't mind more like Mass Effect style 3rd person. But I do not want this turned into yet another FPS. For the most part, I actually enjoy it the way it is. It's a nice break from Space Combat, but isn't as deep or complex.

I do agree that the camera could use some work.
the appeal wouldnt be just another fps, i was thinking more FPSish, the whole concept of gear, finding weapons, abilities/kits etc to stay true... just more FPS-ISH...

dont matter though, Im gonna uninstall, maybe if it's still around in a year ill come back and see if this game is finished yet. It has waaaaay too much of a pre-alpha half finished feel to it and I've encountered more problems in 3 days then every game I have ever played @ launce combined
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Lani
The camera when crouched has me all over the place.
Not sure if you have tried this yet, but you can go in the option and turn off.

Goto Options, Controls, look at the Region box and make sure it says Ground. Then scroll to the bottom and turn off Zoom Camera with Aim Mode.

It's much better!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Ground combat isn't to bad, perhaps a bit further on the easy side than I'd like. That just seems to be the nature of this game though.

Only real complaint I have is it just takes too long to take out enemies, even those that show -. I'd say it takes too long to be taken out too, but thats pretty much impossible to do. Perhaps increase weapon power on both sides and decrease shield power on both sides. It shouldn't take me 7 - 9 shots to take out the lowest tier enemy even after sensor scan. I shouldn't be able to charge a group of 4, have 3 doing constant flanking damage and kill 2 before my away team finally gets unstuck (on walls, rocks, sometimes nothing) and finds me to take the rest out.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2010, 10:14 PM
I would love more dragon age style. Program your pets, and then get down into the action! Still all RPG elements, but much more engaging and exciting.

Also dragon age has the awesome ability where you can zoom out and control all your pets and player from up high. That would be much more tactical, and you could actually use positioning to your advantage.

I guess it's too much to ask though
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raximillian
I would love more dragon age style. Program your pets, and then get down into the action! Still all RPG elements, but much more engaging and exciting.

Also dragon age has the awesome ability where you can zoom out and control all your pets and player from up high. That would be much more tactical, and you could actually use positioning to your advantage.

I guess it's too much to ask though
Well they do have the ability to pause and give individual positioning commands to your Bridge Officers. That rather surprised me. So perhaps they are trying to make it more tactical.