Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 11
06-22-2014, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
The Last Ship, Falling Skies, Defiance, Game of Thrones, Homeland, Hannibal, Mad Men, on and on and on and on.

I mean, I love action and gruesome death as much as the next guy, but one can only take so many people getting shot before they feel like watching something else. Is there anything worth watching or should I just reinstall minecraft?
Rather actual shows than the Reality TV & Talent Show trash that's permeated entertainment for years now.

Cryptic's Development Philosophy for the KDF & PVP
Career Officer
# 12
06-23-2014, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Sunday
The Last Ship
Falling Skies / The Strain (July 13th)

Monday
Major Crimes
Under the Dome (June 30th)

Tuesday
Rizzoli & Isles
Perception

Wednesday
Suits / Legends (August 13th)
Franklin & Bash (August 13th)

Thursday
Rush (July 17th)

Friday
The Killing (August 1st - Netflix)

Saturday
Usually watching SyFy

Is kind of what I'm looking at for Summer TV...I don't find it depressing. I usually find most of the other "stuff" that's on TV to be depressing.
sunday: people board a ship documentary. (20.3 million viewers)

monday: ship sets sail and the history of the ship is documented (18.6 million)

tuesday: the ships crew tells the world how good they are at dealing with disaster and their experiences. (15.1 million)

wednesday: celebrations, cake and other fun. (10.7 million)

thursday: next day hangover, a show about escape rafts, rubber orange dinghies! (7.7 million)

friday: the ships finest day. (3.5 million)

saturday: ship his a rock and starts sinking, everyone makes it off the ship. (46.8 million!) - show already cancelled due to bad viewing statistics.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-23-2014, 12:13 AM
I would say a case of art imitating life. Economic depressions, war on this, war on that, watch your back or the terrorist is going to get you, be wary of the shady government, envinronmental catastrophies.

It will pass in time. We just need something else to busy our minds. Like a warp engine, now that would brighten the mood.
Career Officer
# 14
06-23-2014, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekurzion View Post
I would say a case of art imitating life. Economic depressions, war on this, war on that, watch your back or the terrorist is going to get you, be wary of the shady government, envinronmental catastrophies.
thats what you call scaremongering in order to drive people to a certain thing, in the usa you making people nervous of their middle eastern neighbours, they go out buy a gun and ammo (success to the media hype) and then spy on their new neighbours while trying to equally and hypocritically deal with the rights as a free man and privacy (completely ignorant that their neighbours just want a new life and are very friendly).

so yeah, thats a can of worms thats opened and its best to close it up.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Career Officer
# 15
06-23-2014, 12:29 AM
Quote:
The Last Ship, Falling Skies, Defiance, Game of Thrones, Homeland, Hannibal, Mad Men, on and on and on and on.

I mean, I love action and gruesome death as much as the next guy, but one can only take so many people getting shot before they feel like watching something else. Is there anything worth watching or should I just reinstall minecraft?
Dunno. SpongeBob's still on the air, right?

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 16
06-23-2014, 12:55 AM
Dude, just do what I do. Watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

It's the only show out there with a positive message, interesting storylines and Tara Strong, who has a nice badonkadonk.
You haven't heard "Jukebox Hero" until you've heard it in the original Klingon.

Captain Elijah Barnabas Lowe, U.S.S. Sierra.
Captain
# 17
06-23-2014, 01:26 AM
Quote:

Other than SG-1 (Poland's SciFi from 4-6 PM CET, not sure if its counterparts in other countries are doing the same) or SGA (none that I know of) reruns, there doesn't seem to be much. I tend to go play games to compensate.

If only I had a sense of humor... (I can understand it quite well, and find it quite amusing, but I couldn't come up with my own jokes if my life depended on it)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Career Officer
# 18
06-23-2014, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
Rather actual shows than the Reality TV & Talent Show trash that's permeated entertainment for years now.
very much this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Captain
# 19
06-23-2014, 01:53 AM
Watch Red Dwarf on a loop. A used space, after apocalypse, setting that won't make you cry with depression.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Commander
# 20
06-23-2014, 05:22 AM
My take on it was a surplus of fake blood and such, not sure what to think now. Also do the syfy people even know what science fiction is?