Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 21
06-23-2014, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captz1pp View Post
Also do the syfy people even know what science fiction is?
That had better be a rhetorical question...

Unless, of course, you're seriously considering the idea of Xena being science fiction...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Captain
# 22
06-23-2014, 07:36 AM
Apart from the UK version of MasterChef and episodes of Mythbusters and My Cat From Hell I have stopped watching the TV, especially the news, if it isn't depressing you it is lying its head off.

I have to say I'm much happier for it.

SUPPORT THE FOUNDRY, YOUR GATEWAY TO NEW REGULAR CONTENT.
Captain
# 23
06-23-2014, 07:43 AM
Game of Thrones has been fantastic, it's a depressing story anyway.

To quote Ramsay Snow, if you are looking for a happy ending, you are not paying attention

Right, first I'll take those teef out for yer, dat should help ease da pain in yer leg. Grokkit, hand me that wrench. Now then... Open wide, and say... AAARGH!
Career Officer
# 24
06-23-2014, 07:45 AM
i made the choice to throw out the tv around when i was 18 years old, thats 8 years ago and i havent regretted it since. i watch live or delayed motor racing on youtube and thats all i watch on the outside world as nothing else makes the slightest bit of difference to me. ever since the bbc threw out sci-fi from the 6pm slot and replaced it with food programmes or bloody tennis of all programmes! something i wouldnt watch even if you threatened to take my eyes out first.. why onm earth would i waste my time with most of this crap. the rest of my time is occupied on other things.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Captain
# 25
06-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Only thing I use a TV for is playing my PS3

Right, first I'll take those teef out for yer, dat should help ease da pain in yer leg. Grokkit, hand me that wrench. Now then... Open wide, and say... AAARGH!
Captain
# 26
06-23-2014, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadowdark View Post
Dude, just do what I do. Watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

It's the only show out there with a positive message, interesting storylines and Tara Strong, who has a nice badonkadonk.
And we have a winning post!

OP, TV is a reflection of life. American society has matured past the hazed over version of the mirror from shows like Family Ties, Facts of Life and the Cosby Show.

There is true joy in shows like "The Goldbergs" though
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Empire Veteran
# 27
06-23-2014, 07:52 AM
People still watch TV ? I thought that was what cavemen did.
Jokes aside Space Battleship Yamato was pretty good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzWfu3STLtQ
Free jkname

Last edited by ankokuneko; 06-23-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Career Officer
# 28
06-23-2014, 08:06 AM
watched a recent indycar race from texas motor speedway, and everytime mikhail aleshin is mentioned it always puts a smile on my face, a russian in indycar being complimented by american media and only 25 years ago the very thought would of been perverse . times changing!

back then in the 90's you had crystal maze, fort boyard, scrapheap challenge, red dwarf and so many others to choose from, it as a gold mine of things to watch with some value to each other then. instead today you got morons on a stage in front of cameras and a nic singing worse the neelix could ever attempt and somehow be called "talent".

quality? whats that? its an alien word and concept.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Career Officer
# 29
06-23-2014, 08:16 AM
To me, only 2 shows in the last year have been worth watching...

1. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, which won't be back for a few months yet
2. Revolution, which got cancelled by NBC (possibly the dumbest move by that channel to date)

Other than those, I turn on TBS at night while I'm gaming for background noise provided by Family Guy and BBT, and I also watch ST:TNG reruns on BBC America on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.

All the damn reality shows need to go, seriously... Idol, The Voice (which is passable i guess, that one might be able to stay), Survivor, Dancing with the Stars, Bachelor/Bachelorette, AGT (although they do have some interesting acts sometimes), and now ABC is adding ANOTHER singing show! I'm sure I missed a few from the major networks too, and don't even get me started on the cesspool of reality shows on the cable channels...

Oh, and football needs to stay. Go VIKINGS!!

Last edited by teluas; 06-23-2014 at 08:17 AM. Reason: forgot to add football...
Career Officer
# 30
06-23-2014, 08:19 AM
maybe its a sign that we need a positive sci fi show on the air, perhaps based around a unified group of species dedicated to exploration and seeking out new life and new civilizations hint hint