Lt. Commander
# 11
02-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValinAntilles View Post
meh.
Lord British is still a touchy subject with me.
The fact he can be killed, or the fact he isn't supposed to be kill-able? since that would be two entirely different issues.

p.s. for non UO's Lord British is the Games Version of Statesman, and the Avatar of the creator of the game, he was never meant to be kill-able however during beta he was due to bugs, then later do to Easter eggs.

you might get the reasons for displeasure over this.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Sadly until there's some accountability for your actions and words online, this will continue to be the status quo.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-12-2010, 05:33 PM
I think the forums here are pretty much par for the course in terms of mmos, but it also depends on the degree to which the forums are moderated.

The internet in general is a pretty caustic place. When I start taking posts too personally, I like to go over to one of those sites where gamers put pictures of themselves up. It adds some perspective.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-12-2010, 06:23 PM
It is normal ....I've been at the start of every major mmo and alot of bs is spewed out on the forums.
My latest mmo before sto is DarkFall and there forums is nothing but keyboard tough guys,and it's been out over a year. The game will go thru this for a LONG time. Some players have good things to say to help the game and others will never be happy . Some people have to b**** , you could give them 20 dollars and they will cry it's not 30 lol
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Normal.

/10chars
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Middle of the road of whining....

BattleTech:3025 it was so bad it actually killed the game in beta. Puzzle Pirates there was almost no whining at all.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Yes it is normal, when they all seem to disappear, now that is when you worry.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentineWolfe
Yes it is normal, when they all seem to disappear, now that is when you worry.
i can't express to you in words how awesome your avatar is...

all its missing is more cowbell...photonic ones of course...
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-12-2010, 10:31 PM
I have played UO,EnB,SWG,EQ2,Guild wars, WoW and now this one, and Yes it is perfectly normal for all the bs theads. You will notice as you play MMOs more that those same people that complain, and stay, are usually the trouble makers in the game. As for launchs, this one is above average with the issuse (on the good side) UO,WoW, SWG would go down for days at a time. heck SWG crashed for a day, the day after release. Stuff happens.
Just ignore the griefers, I have met some great people playing MMOs, some I have been friends with for years now. the rest. I ignore.

So sit back, ignore the doofs, and please keep your hands and feet in the game at all times
cheers
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delany
Just ignore the griefers, I have met some great people playing MMOs, some I have been friends with for years now. the rest. I ignore.

So sit back, ignore the doofs, and please keep your hands and feet in the game at all times
cheers
Nuff said.
Closed Thread