Lt. Commander
# 21
02-13-2010, 12:27 AM
I was a guide back in the day for Everquest...In you haven't seen negativity and griping until you had the pleasure of dealing with a chat room, especially during an unscheduled server crash, or a late up time from a scheduled update...let alone if there were other problems going on...
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-13-2010, 05:05 AM
Thanks for all the great feedback! I guess I expected it to be much more positive after the open beta, where the only ones left here are those of us who chose to pay.

I have concerns about this game too (like cruisers having a turn rate of 5 when their Klingon counterpart is at 9), but i never thought of starting a "change this or I quit" thread. I really gotta believe the devs either read those and chuckle, or skip them entirely.

It's nice to know this is basically par for the course. I'm still going to try to remain active on the forums, it's still a great place for information and occasional networking, but I'm going to steer clear of the caustic threads.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-13-2010, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar_Corvus
actually...the whinning in this games launch is not as bad as most games lol

i've played EVERY major MMO to date since launch...or beta...
and by far WoW, and SWG has terrible launches, with nothing but whinners.

the reason it seems so prevalent... is that the people who play the game and love it...are busy playing
/Agree

10chars
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-13-2010, 07:30 AM
Wasn't that normal a few years ago. Of course there was whining but not as bad as it is now.

Why? Yes...
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-13-2010, 07:51 AM
Only really bad games get this much whining
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-13-2010, 02:06 PM
yup every game to date has had its whiners.punks fanbois and nahsayers....but the forums aint a very good judge of numbers and must ppl that play mmo's dont post at all ever they just want the game not the headache's.......a huge percent of forum warroir's dont even play the games to start with there just there for trolling
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-13-2010, 02:20 PM
The one constant I have found with MMOs is the whining. All the whining. Whine, whine, whine. Enough to drive someone mad.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-15-2010, 03:42 AM
I think the whining is complicated by the fact that you have hardcore MMO players and hardcore ST geeks sharing the same game space >_<
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-15-2010, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel_Martog
Sadly this is typical.

even in UO the first real MMO had its fair share of Complaints.

When WOW frist started it was total Hell the Complaints, the Issues. Honestly this game is running really nice since this is the first month.

p.s.

Vetran of UO, EQ, E&B, Eve, SWG, COH/V, WOW, ASS, Jump Gate, CO...and Now STO.
First real MMO's were text based.

The text based one I am most familiar with is Mud1.

Island of Kesmai would probably be the first more graphically intensive one.

Ultima Online is defenently NOT the first MMO, not by a long shot.

I think calling yourself a veteran of those games is a little.......premature. Just because you have played the game, doesn't mean you are a vet.

Hell, I played Final Fantasy 2 and it's in all Japanese. Doesn't make me a veteran of that, because I didn't even know what the hell I was doing, I had someone leaning over me translating the whole time.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-15-2010, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams
First real MMO's were text based.

The text based one I am most familiar with is Mud1.

Island of Kesmai would probably be the first more graphically intensive one.

Ultima Online is defenently NOT the first MMO, not by a long shot.

I think calling yourself a veteran of those games is a little.......premature. Just because you have played the game, doesn't mean you are a vet.

Hell, I played Final Fantasy 2 and it's in all Japanese. Doesn't make me a veteran of that, because I didn't even know what the hell I was doing, I had someone leaning over me translating the whole time.
It's okay. Your internet **** is bigger than his, we know. Your virtual manhood is safe.
Closed Thread