Lt. Commander
# 1 What do you like in STO?
02-12-2010, 05:17 PM
I like the depth in the quests, it actually feels as if im doing something worth while.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Im in the minority, but I like the space combat, ground combat and EVEN Sector space.
Thats right, someone that LIKES sector space O.o
I think it looks neat, like that you might see while in warp in the Astrometrics lab
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 05:42 PM
I like to say "engage" out loud and point at the screen when I clik the button to start.
I like the ships, and um, thats about it rly. ya rly. I paid for a lifetime of repeatable instances, ya rly.
*beats up self* omg I'm an idiot. ya rly.
I think I'll log on now and play some, have had all day and have not logged in yet. ya rly.

But a real response, sorry, the quests over all, are not that engaging, I am commander and I have done maybe 3 that were pretty well thought out, and many that were just hacked out clik 5 of these, scan 5 of these etc.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentineWolfe
I like to say "engage" out loud and point at the screen when I clik the button to start.
I like the ships, and um, thats about it rly. ya rly. I paid for a lifetime of repeatable instances, ya rly.
*beats up self* omg I'm an idiot. ya rly.
I think I'll log on now and play some, have had all day and have not logged in yet. ya rly.

But a real response, sorry, the quests over all, are not that engaging, I am commander and I have done maybe 3 that were pretty well thought out, and many that were just hacked out clik 5 of these, scan 5 of these etc.
Too bad you didnt read the question. You fail
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 06:02 PM
I like the space combat a lot, although the lack of free movement is beginning to get to me. I also love the customization and how awesome the ships look.

Basically, I love space but hate the ground missions.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 06:17 PM
I really like the missions. There are so many of them and I find I enjoy them WAy more than LvL IV's in EvE.

I like the sounds and graphics in space. The ground combat is a little like an RTS and I like RTS's so cool. The graphics on the ground are starting to grow on me but only because I find the game play good. If I had a choice I would stay in space 80% of the time though.

I like the BOFF system I think tha is really cool. I also like how many diffrent loot types there are and that fact that there are EPIC lootz is a big plus for me.

I enjoy the star ship design and color patterns. they all still feel like trek t me.

The crafting system got cool for me at T2 when I made my first blue!

Fleet actions are cool and i love how you can go back and do the lower lvl ones and help your new buddies "twink" their ship out. I hope they don't get rid of being able to help anyone with any mission. That openess really makes me feel like it's my story.

Tribbles are way cool! i already got a few rare ones!

The type 8 shuttle is really cool but come on! let us pull it out in sector space!!!!

So far I am having ALOT of fun in this game. It has been a refreshing change.

Red
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
Too bad you didnt read the question. You fail
I said I liked the ships.

Too bad you did not read my post, you fail. :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
I like the depth in the quests, it actually feels as if im doing something worth while.
Whenever warping out of a system, I've adopted Picard's habit of pointing forward. I don't say engage, but I do the finger thing.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyronea View Post
Whenever warping out of a system, I've adopted Picard's habit of pointing forward. I don't say engage, but I do the finger thing.
For an easy chuckle I had some friends watching me play once, I pointed and said "ensign, engage maximum warp on my mark.."
Yea stupid but they laughed.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2010, 07:29 PM
like the episode missions a lot. they seemed to always have a very good story to them.
space combat is good.
also like how the pvp is set up. never cared for open pvp areas in mmo's they tend lead to gank fests. structured pvp like this game has is more enjoyably. addding a ladder sysytem both for indivisual players and faction would both add purpose to pvp.