Lt. Commander
# 11
02-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
It's ya best bet anyway. Bop get eaten by T4 fed ships. Best just for everyone to fly a battlecruiser and spider tank all throughout T4

Speak for yourself. I was one shotting fed heavy cruisers all the way through T4 with my bop/sci lol combo.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-13-2010, 03:05 PM
one suggestion i'd have for the developers to remedy this is relatively simple, as you tier up at least for the BOP it should give you access to sturdier frames while keeping the skin the same, also you should gain access to different skins as you rank up so if you wanted a different looking BOP you would have that option but if you are like me and like the classic look BOP better you could keep the same skin, while having the next tier of BOP attributes.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderKor
one suggestion i'd have for the developers to remedy this is relatively simple, as you tier up at least for the BOP it should give you access to sturdier frames while keeping the skin the same, also you should gain access to different skins as you rank up so if you wanted a different looking BOP you would have that option but if you are like me and like the classic look BOP better you could keep the same skin, while having the next tier of BOP attributes.
Yeah I really don't understand what they are doing here. In Closed Beta you had access to a variety of different configurations. I think that would have been best. I mean it is not like people in PvP don't know what tier they are facing since all PvP matches are on the same tier basis.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-14-2010, 12:14 AM
exactly, T4 BOP is supposed to be an advanced BOP, the BOP models shouldnt be regressing through time as you advance, I just prefer the first BOP model and maybe the T5 one, T2-T4 don't impress me. But I may be stuck with flyin one, since the Turn rate of the vorcha is terrible and if I am not mistaken T4 shields, and other equipment seem to have been nerfed(big surprise) compared to T3 levels. More issues that need to be worked out it seems.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-14-2010, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderKor
exactly, T4 BOP is supposed to be an advanced BOP, the BOP models shouldnt be regressing through time as you advance, I just prefer the first BOP model and maybe the T5 one, T2-T4 don't impress me. But I may be stuck with flyin one, since the Turn rate of the vorcha is terrible and if I am not mistaken T4 shields, and other equipment seem to have been nerfed(big surprise) compared to T3 levels. More issues that need to be worked out it seems.
I personally like the T3 BoP model, but that's all a matter of personal taste. I don't mind the turn rate on the Vor'cha, but you have to play it differently than a BoP no doubt.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-14-2010, 11:27 AM
I don't mind the T3 model BOP as much, as for the vorcha I guess it takes some getting used to, like I said I think shields got nerfed or it was a bug, because how can T3 shields have a higher capactity then T4, ill check back on this. I guess I'm just a big fan of the BOP, I used the ktinga a lot for pvp in T3 mostly for the tank and extra firepower, just hope they tweak the skins, of course by then I'll be a general and be bored with nothing to do lol.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-14-2010, 01:20 PM
As far as I can tell this game is 1/2 TOS 1/2 TNG. Look at K7 and Starbase 001. They're TNG era starbases. Remember the origional star trek online was designed for post Kirk pre Picard era.

In my opinion I don't care much about the design of my ship. The worse I look the less threatening I seem and less people will target me.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-14-2010, 01:28 PM
haha perhaps, but If i am going out in a flame of glory I at least want to arrive at sto-vo-kor in style!