Empire Veteran
# 11
06-27-2014, 09:09 PM
Support.

10chars.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 12
06-27-2014, 11:33 PM
Career Officer
# 13
06-27-2014, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
Aren't these meant to be the Romulan Republic's own weapons? It's never made sense that you could only get common versions from their stores and the purple Mk XI's from the Dilithium Store. It'd make sense that some of the missions revolving around New Romulus reward these.

Still, having different weapon energy types would be cool too.
Why not have it faction-specific crafting? Just like how they had Lirpas Federation only and Bat'leths KDF only with the old system?
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
06-28-2014, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Why not have it faction-specific crafting? Just like how they had Lirpas Federation only and Bat'leths KDF only with the old system?
Yeah. I was more lamenting the fact that previously the only two options the Republic players had to get these weapons was either common white versions from their stores, or to pay out dilithium for the purple versions.

Also, if you're in a fleet with your Romulan I still think that fleet equivalent versions of these weapons should be available from the fleet stores of whatever faction you chose. They allow the Romulan fleet ships to be bought from the shipyard, so why not their faction weapons too?
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Career Officer
# 15
06-28-2014, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
Yeah. I was more lamenting the fact that previously the only two options the Republic players had to get these weapons was either common white versions from their stores, or to pay out dilithium for the purple versions.

Also, if you're in a fleet with your Romulan I still think that fleet equivalent versions of these weapons should be available from the fleet stores of whatever faction you chose. They allow the Romulan fleet ships to be bought from the shipyard, so why not their faction weapons too?
I don't see why not.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Republic Veteran
# 16
06-30-2014, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
Thank you. But I don't just want to keep the current outlets, I want to expand them.

I think these weapons should be in the drop tables with all the other plasma ground weapons.

And yes, I think they should be craftable, but I'll take (more easily) obtainable.

If anyone has an "in" with one of the devs and could direct them to this thread, I'd appreciate it. I PM'd Trendy once, but she's busy and I don't want to annoy her.
Rihannsu
# 17
06-30-2014, 12:43 AM
+1 Add special romulan plasma ground weapons to crafting.

whatever you do, don't just delete them from the game.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 18
06-30-2014, 02:43 AM
If I don't here an answer on this soon, I may just have to buy one of each to horde .

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
06-30-2014, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
If I don't here an answer on this soon, I may just have to buy one of each to horde .
Already did with the rifles and repeater pistol. The repeater/piercing beam mechanics feel a bit clunky without shooter mode (which I still used back when I used these weapons regularly), but the Mk XIs definitely hold up with the other "end game" weapons. An option to make their auto fire modes a toggle when in RPG mode would help, but it's not that big of a deal.

I forgot how good the models for these are too, the repeater pistol's a bit big, but the piercing/wide beam rifles are excellent. It's hard to give up the canon Romulan disruptor look, but these fit in great alongside the elite fleet phasers.
Want to run canon ship loadouts? Join the Star Trek Battles channel.
Republic Veteran
# 20
07-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
I've already been doing that. Let's not let these just fade away quietly! COME ON CRYPTIC. Let's get some dev love for this thread, please!