Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
11-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marscentral View Post
While ships are apparently modular, don't forget that some ships are more specialized. I take it from that that will mean some ships will just naturally excel at combat or science no matter how you upgrade them.
Of course, but this seemed obvious when they announced that ships would have roles. This is the thing that actually made me think ships would not be modular or really upgradable.

It appears they are going for a hybrid system and I'm very, very excited about it!
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Even though there was some information we already knew in this interview, it was quite insightful nonetheless! Thank you for posting this!
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-20-2008, 03:01 PM
This was definitely one of the best parts of the interview and I, too, am quite excited about it.
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
I thought modular ships were assumed.

Also:
While I'm sure you can give your first ship the highest level of phasers possible, I'm also sure that it's going to have one HELL of a slow recharge and lack of power.

To me, it seems that, yes, you can upgrade ships, but even that has limits before you have to move onto something bigger.
do keep in mind, beauty is only skin deep, in otherwards..you might be able to radically change
a ships appearence...but the functionality (how it works) might be pretty standard.
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
Even though there was some information we already knew in this interview, it was quite insightful nonetheless! Thank you for posting this!
Agreed, I too appreciate more information. Even though some of it was the same info, when given by someone else you can pick up a little more of the bigger picture.
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-20-2008, 03:56 PM
I've got to say these interviews are keeping me waiting but once the beta comes out ill be the first ti sign up
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-20-2008, 04:05 PM
One might asume that you will have a power/equipt/weight ratio to maintain
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Unfortunately (sort of), every game reviewer and media outlet with an opportunity to interview a Cryptic rep will undoubtably cover much of the same territory; they have a boss to satisfy as well, and thats journalism. I have no problem with repeat information, as it seems most repeat questions bring more and more detail as we progress through the development process.

Excited as always, thanks Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-20-2008, 04:21 PM
From what we can infer about progression through the game (skill based vs levels), I'm thrilled that a player's command ability takes precident (to a degree) over who spent the first 96 hours post launch, sans sleep , grinding their way into a superior ship class, and therefore becoming automatically untouchable. I would love to have Klingon fleets telling their captain's about the little Nova class that mopped the sector with their hull
Lt. Commander
# 40 Thanks Guys
11-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Hey I appreciate any and all information that I receive. You can rehash the same information over and over again and something new will come out in every interview. Thanks Cryptic we are wanting and waiting. Hey if it wouldn’t be much trouble could we get more awesome screen shots. Its been a while. Thanks again.