Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I had planned to make a character that would be doing basically PvP in my Fed ship. Pre-Release I enjoyed PvP. Now I am playing it post-release, and find it to be miserably unbalanced and not fun.

Space - Klingon's have the advantage because of their cloak. In my opinion, it should start to drain systems like going backwards does. For five minutes my team and I just sat where while the Klingons circled us. They de-cloaked, and wiped us out. Yeah you could say level was involved or what not, but, it is an unfair advantage. I agree they should have it, but not to keep it on forever. Also, unless there is five versus five or a group versus a group, then it's mismatched either way. I have lost each space battle I have been in since launch, and I have been doing the most damage or 2nd most.

Ground - Oddly enough, as Fed I win almost every time. This resulted in players not respawning because they got tired of getting ganked. This ended up a match lasting close to 30 minutes. Not worth it. Again, needs balance or a small area to battle in. Forced respawn would be nice as well.

Last bit Ill complain about is items. For some reason, the disruptor beam (and turrets) for Mk II, Mk IV, etc. require a rank higher than all the others. Makes no sense to me, and found it annoying.

Maybe if rewards weren't given even if you lose, this would make players a bit more motivated? PvP looks very promising, but, needs a lot of work. For now, I'm leaving it. Sad when I think WoW PvP is better than this. Oh, and I do love the game, a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 10:38 PM
its all quite bad atm

in teir one pvp the fed are at a loss and t2 the feds have significant advantage after that its fairly balanced as far as space

on ground yes feds almost always win
simply put the feds have assess to significantly better ground gear than kligons and all ground combat is 32z2 repeat

and untill theres some form of meaning to pvp other than grinding sto wont keep many pvpers for long
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 10:45 PM
they both suck. Cryptic is notorious for creatint ****** PvP games.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 10:56 PM
T5 is where most of your frustations will be focused on. I have a lot I want to say about it but alas it's pointless because I don't see Cryptic will be doing anything about it until a year or so later. Just keeping myself busy until FFXIII comes out.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by athx82
T5 is where most of your frustations will be focused on. I have a lot I want to say about it but alas it's pointless because I don't see Cryptic will be doing anything about it until a year or so later. Just keeping myself busy until FFXIII comes out.
Final Fantasy is a PvE game. I am waiting for something with some actual PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskiblu
I had planned to make a character that would be doing basically PvP in my Fed ship. Pre-Release I enjoyed PvP. Now I am playing it post-release, and find it to be miserably unbalanced and not fun.

Space - Klingon's have the advantage because of their cloak. In my opinion, it should start to drain systems like going backwards does. For five minutes my team and I just sat where while the Klingons circled us. They de-cloaked, and wiped us out. Yeah you could say level was involved or what not, but, it is an unfair advantage. I agree they should have it, but not to keep it on forever. Also, unless there is five versus five or a group versus a group, then it's mismatched either way. I have lost each space battle I have been in since launch, and I have been doing the most damage or 2nd most.

Ground - Oddly enough, as Fed I win almost every time. This resulted in players not respawning because they got tired of getting ganked. This ended up a match lasting close to 30 minutes. Not worth it. Again, needs balance or a small area to battle in. Forced respawn would be nice as well.

Last bit Ill complain about is items. For some reason, the disruptor beam (and turrets) for Mk II, Mk IV, etc. require a rank higher than all the others. Makes no sense to me, and found it annoying.

Maybe if rewards weren't given even if you lose, this would make players a bit more motivated? PvP looks very promising, but, needs a lot of work. For now, I'm leaving it. Sad when I think WoW PvP is better than this. Oh, and I do love the game, a lot.
yep it is way unbalanced in space ground not as munch but space and the Klingons are way over powered after release. Right there with you look at my post: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=114320

Get ready to be flamed and trolled for you view of PVP.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanthegreat View Post
yep it is way unbalanced in space ground not as munch but space and the Klingons are way over powered after release. Right there with you look at my post: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=114320

Get ready to be flamed and trolled for you view of PVP.
Eh I don't care. I'm not saying it's a bad game, just PvP needs a serious change. I like where they are going with it, but, you can tell it was seriously hashed together. I don't blame Cryptic. I blame that they don't own up to much of anything. During open and closed beta you would see quite a few posts. Now a days, lucky if they post once every few days. It's discouraging.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskiblu
Eh I don't care. I'm not saying it's a bad game, just PvP needs a serious change. I like where they are going with it, but, you can tell it was seriously hashed together. I don't blame Cryptic. I blame that they don't own up to much of anything. During open and closed beta you would see quite a few posts. Now a days, lucky if they post once every few days. It's discouraging.
No I love the game to. But I had stated about the same about PVP, and got hammered about it. Like I have never played the game go some where and learn how to play, stuff like that. The PVP is broken that is all I am sticking to PVE also intell it is fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2010, 11:29 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, most likely has. LOL. But why not open a few systems, maybe even some new systems, along the neutral zone to open PvP, this way if you want to just PvE you can. It was fun during the open beta. No no the Klingons getting wiped trying the fight the Borg, that to me was no fun at all.

I mean I went into Wolf 359, was going to park my heavy cruiser there at the end of open beta, but seen a few Klingons there and a few Federation ships there (think the numbers where pretty even) and that was the most memorable PvP I have ever had.

I also tried PvP in open beta. Think I waited 45 minutes for a PvP event that lasted what 5 minutes?

If the DEVs are worried about Klingon or Federation players getting outnumbered? Well if you go into a PvP zone without friends, that is no ones fault but your own. LOL

Come on Cryptic, just try out a couple of systems, see how open PvP will work.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiss View Post
Final Fantasy is a PvE game. I am waiting for something with some actual PvP.
Which is what I'm doing. There aren't any games coming in soon that involves pvp (well the ones I like) and I'm a big ff fan. So until then, this game will have to do.