Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Ground pvp is the worse.. between non stop holds and what have you.. killing 40 ppl who spam this crap is worse than being fed balled by 10 ppl and someone having the nuts to say they schooled you...

I would rather kill 15 ppl in the ball of crying babies.. rather than trying to walk through the root/hold spam and fortifications just to kill 40 ppl...

Next question..
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savaage
its all quite bad atm

in teir one pvp the fed are at a loss and t2 the feds have significant advantage after that its fairly balanced as far as space

on ground yes feds almost always win
simply put the feds have assess to significantly better ground gear than kligons and all ground combat is 32z2 repeat

and untill theres some form of meaning to pvp other than grinding sto wont keep many pvpers for long
Ground combat needs to be slowed down a bit, and klingons need more interesting pve to get mission rewards, like feds do.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-12-2010, 10:58 PM
I actually prefer ground combat. Most abilities are equal minus a few so everyone has an equal opportunity to win. Also, in ground combat you can completly own by yourself and take 3v1 and win.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Some things people have to remember about space pvp and ground pvp. the que system blows. Lets talk space though. Ok you say you waited 5minutes for an attack. Was it 5fed vs 2K or so on? maybe they wanted to wait for others to come in. Thats usually the reason for a long delay at start.

As to cloak, before cryptic should even think about touching it they would have to fix other things wrong with ships and weapons on both sides. Equipment balances, Ship balances, load outs, and such. Yea sure BoP does combat cloak every 20seconds after dropping it, but as i've posted before flying a BoP is like riding an A bomb Its a real trip but the end of the ride sucks. There are also very few truly dedicated BoP players that love the ship and shove as much as they can to get the most from it.

Also not all space pvp matches are K win, win win win win. From the pugging i did all friday apox half were in t4. Also don't forget if you compare all loses in a given time to always losing to the exact same people chances are their on vent or relative mind readers at target aquiring.

ex. I have noticed roughly 4 K players in t4 that leech xp from pvp to, so if you see a player that attacks once then you never see them again, chances are you have a leech that more than anything needs to be fixed. Another thing to help would be ensuring noone at the start of a pvp match can move until it is 5v5(whether it takes 1minute to 30minutes match dont start until teams even). Tie into this Auto-Teaming.

Just those few things would improve PvP on both sides more than nerfing abilities, Because plain and simple if they go after 1 ability they wont stop there until the game is completely destroyed and the Lifetimers are sitting around saying WTF happened, wheres our money.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Ground PVP needs work. Agreed.

However, what they have right now is actually quite enjoyable; at least, for me. Sure, the one-shot KOs from the expose-exploit system they have going on is kind of "cheap", but it's a nice way to keep skirmishes short and succint. Without some form of one-shotting, no one would ever die.

And ground is a lot more even between the factions. Same kits, same gear (well, not really. Feds can potentially get better gear). Victory is determined by the amount of team coordination and experience of the players; victory is not determined by "who gets bored first" like in space PVP. That's one big difference.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskiblu
Ground - Oddly enough, as Fed I win almost every time..
If there's any one-sided victory going on, it's not because there's a flaw in the system. It simply just means your team out played theirs; they were probably random Klingon players who got grouped together with no coordination. It's the same situation with me on the Klingon faction. Not to seem arrogant, but as of now (launch date to now), my team has been undefeated in ground PVP versus Feds. Like, absolutely zero losses.

Ground PVP is enjoyable to me because I know that my opponents have the same gear, kits, and potential as my team, relatively. In ground PVP it's anyone's game, really.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskiblu
I had planned to make a character that would be doing basically PvP in my Fed ship. Pre-Release I enjoyed PvP. Now I am playing it post-release, and find it to be miserably unbalanced and not fun.

Space - Klingon's have the advantage because of their cloak. In my opinion, it should start to drain systems like going backwards does. For five minutes my team and I just sat where while the Klingons circled us. They de-cloaked, and wiped us out. Yeah you could say level was involved or what not, but, it is an unfair advantage. I agree they should have it, but not to keep it on forever. Also, unless there is five versus five or a group versus a group, then it's mismatched either way. I have lost each space battle I have been in since launch, and I have been doing the most damage or 2nd most.

Ground - Oddly enough, as Fed I win almost every time. This resulted in players not respawning because they got tired of getting ganked. This ended up a match lasting close to 30 minutes. Not worth it. Again, needs balance or a small area to battle in. Forced respawn would be nice as well.

Last bit Ill complain about is items. For some reason, the disruptor beam (and turrets) for Mk II, Mk IV, etc. require a rank higher than all the others. Makes no sense to me, and found it annoying.

Maybe if rewards weren't given even if you lose, this would make players a bit more motivated? PvP looks very promising, but, needs a lot of work. For now, I'm leaving it. Sad when I think WoW PvP is better than this. Oh, and I do love the game, a lot.
Klings always win in space pvp? are you sure? No offience but what have you been smoken? Sure I will give you that Teir one Ks own the feds. But after that starting Teir 2 the Feds always own the Klingons, why because the Feds have better PVE drops, well because they CAN PVE!

I got so ****ed off with my Kling character that I stoped playing him and picked up my Fed character agian. The constent going into space battle and loseing over and over agian kinda got on my nerves, so I went back to my fed and I just plan on PVeing until they add some real pve for the Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-13-2010, 12:05 AM
Space combat used to be fun through ranks Lt-Captain, but now that the Klingons have these cruisers with 20 pet npcs they just float around in a big group waiting for kills. Why should Fed need to fight NPCs in PvP? People play PvP for the player VS player challenge, not to be assulted by NPC birds of prey like in a PvE mission.

Also Fed needs cloak, and it needs to be nerfed. Cloaked ships should become visible once you get within a certain range of them, otherwise you end up waiting and waiting for half of the players in the game to decide when to attack, or worse running around trying to cap flags while the klingons are doing it stealthed.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-13-2010, 12:11 AM
Ground is totally borked IMO from how fun it used to be back in beta. Holds are out of hand, and needing to kill 40 enduring the CC fest ground pvp has become is no fun, and downright painful to the average player.

Space combat can be fun, but only when Viral Matrix isn't being used every 5 seconds.

If Cryptic fixed these 2 problems, the game will be much healthier in the long run. Right now most of us are trying to just hang on and deal with it as well as we can.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-13-2010, 12:42 AM
I have only fought 2 space PvP matches granted as a klingon we seem to win more than we lose its not a walk over and the first klingon to uncloak dies and there is not much in the way of tatics.

I like ground PvP and have not lost a match since I hit LtC1 walls and kits mean there is more tatics but still needs a lot of love and a lot of extra features.