Lt. Commander
# 1 Rare Bridge Officers
02-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Do they have a point, given the fact that you can train any officer in any set of skills at the trainer? I'm getting offered them left, right and center and so far, I've not seen a single one with a rare skill so I'm wondering exactly just what is it that makes them rare?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Does anyone know when it exactly it was that people completely stopped trying to find answers to their questions themselves?

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=1881805
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral-Flint View Post
Does anyone know when it exactly it was that people completely stopped trying to find answers to their questions themselves?

Probably around the same time you lost your manners.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladinbob View Post
Probably around the same time you lost your manners.
Yeah I suppose you are right. How impolite of me to expect people to scroll down the list by about 10 or 15 topics. And hell, what was I thinking when I supplied you with a link answering your question despite everything. Boy I am so way out of line.

On the good side: -1 person to help in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Jolly good, -1 rude and annoying troll. Anyway, the points raised in that thread are not evident from what I've seen and unfortunately, I've got rare BOs coming out my ears. They all have largely the same skills I've trained my original BOs in with the trainer. I've to-date, had one mission where the team died (against those nasty Vampric Reman bosses), other than that I breeze through ground combat so again, the point I'm raising is a slightly different one to the one in the other post and that is, is there a point to them?

Has anyone else had a BO with a skill not available at the trainer and if so, what was that skill, please?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 09:22 PM
He's right. You don't read. I'll help anyway, though.

As has been stated many, many times before in hundreds of threads daily, uncommon/rare/very rare BOs can have "Superior" and 'Hyper" traits (much stronger versions of normal BO traits) and/or powers that cannot be trained at the BO trainer or purchased on a BO at the requisitionner. This includes most but not neccesarily all Tier III powers, and some rare tier I and II powers (though I've yet to encounter the latter).
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthrider View Post

As has been stated many, many times before in hundreds of threads daily, uncommon/rare/very rare BOs can have "Superior" and 'Hyper" traits (much stronger versions of normal BO traits) and/or powers that cannot be trained at the BO trainer or purchased on a BO at the requisitionner. This includes most but not neccesarily all Tier III powers, and some rare tier I and II powers (though I've yet to encounter the latter).
The thing is, not everyone reads the forums every day. If they did, they'd already know this.

They really need a BO FAQ or a sticky post.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral-Flint View Post

Well thanks for the link. I've learned something new. Although they really need to put this into the manual or wiki.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2010, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthrider View Post

Yes, so I keep reading but not seeing. I'll say it again. Not one single BO I've had, and I get one every grade or so, has had anything that I haven't already trained or can train (because I've looked into this with the trainer and compared them) my original ones. So why are they showing up in blue writing if there's bugger all rare about them? Is it a bug or are you saying that although they have the same skills, the strength of those skills are stronger on the rares and if so, how do I know because again, there's no evidence of that in the skill descriptions.

What would be a lot better is if Rare BOs had exclusive skills. Not skill levels but skills themselves. I'll give you an example. That dude from TNG who can manipulate Warp fields with his mind. Have a BO from his race that enables full impulse with half the current penalties. Having them have exclusive skills would certainly alievate all the confusion surrounding them. Hyper traits are worthless when I can breeze through ground missions with normal BOs and frankly, they're so underwhelming, I could do them all myself without a weapon (but that's a whole other discussion in itself).
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koriel View Post
The thing is, not everyone reads the forums every day. If they did, they'd already know this.

They really need a BO FAQ or a sticky post.
^^^ This ... a skill based game where the in-game info sucks for traits and skills just screams for FAQs and sticky posts.