Lt. Commander
# 1 GameSpot's Enterprise Question
02-12-2010, 09:42 PM
I apologize for the noob question.. I couldn't find the answer anywhere, and the search button seams to not be working correctly.

I have the GameSpot Pre-Order edition and I went to the C-Store and got the free Cruiser (the Enterprise). I saw it in my inventory and then I clicked on it and put equip. So.. now what? My ship is still the same starter ship everyone else has. How do I actually get to use the Enterprise?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 09:44 PM
goto earth, talk to the guy in the ship section of the station and switch ships.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Go to the shipyard in the starbase. One of them will let you switch your ship.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 09:46 PM
ah OK thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 09:59 PM
I loved driving the TOS Connie around. It is very graceful.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper22bw View Post
I loved driving the TOS Connie around. It is very graceful.
The blue phasers it comes with are really nice; they're comparable to mk ii equipment and they look cool.

But just for kicks I threw some phaser cannons in the fore weapons slot. It was almost like I was in the new movie lol.

I wish ships were upgradable in terms of slots. If I could outfit the T2 (refit) Connie (or hell, the TOS connie) like I can a T5 cruiser, I'd never leave it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUE_The6BillionKgMan
The blue phasers it comes with are really nice; they're comparable to mk ii equipment and they look cool.

But just for kicks I threw some phaser cannons in the fore weapons slot. It was almost like I was in the new movie lol.

I wish ships were upgradable in terms of slots. If I could outfit the T2 (refit) Connie (or hell, the TOS connie) like I can a T5 cruiser, I'd never leave it.
actually, every time you level up the blue phasers get 1-2 DPS stronger, they constinuously are comperable to standard loot drops of your level (not the best mind you, but still not different enough to warrant getting rid of them..)

also as a side note. its GameSTOP not gameSPOT, gamespot is an online videogame preview/reviewing place like ign.... www.gamespot.com
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2010, 10:38 PM
I was suprised how awesome the TOS Connie actually is. I am killing much faster with it than I was the miranda. Those blue phasors do quite nicely.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTate View Post
I was suprised how awesome the TOS Connie actually is. I am killing much faster with it than I was the miranda. Those blue phasors do quite nicely.
the extra engineering spot is good too, twice the armor, or get something that boosts shields or something else.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
actually, every time you level up the blue phasers get 1-2 DPS stronger, they constinuously are comperable to standard loot drops of your level (not the best mind you, but still not different enough to warrant getting rid of them..)

also as a side note. its GameSTOP not gameSPOT, gamespot is an online videogame preview/reviewing place like ign.... www.gamespot.com
Has this been confirmed? I have heard other people talking about that but I am not sure if it's due to the phasors or becuase people are leveling up things like beam weapons and such.