Lt. Commander
You know... a system message telling up youre gonna shut down the server for maintenence rather than just switching it off. Not everyone reads the forums for patch downtime notices, and I for one have been in the game so long, the last time I loaded the launcher, it didnt say anything about taking the server down :p
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 11:13 PM
This was a crash, not scheduled maintenance. Unless PST somehow got two hours ahead of EST.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talvisota
This was a crash, not scheduled maintenance. Unless PST somehow got two hours ahead of EST.
Ah my bad. I saw something about a patch earlier but the thread was gone by the time I looked for it. Id assuimed that if they were gonna bring it down, that theyd do like other games and tell us lol nvm then
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 11:34 PM
One could hope they take the time from this crash to put the new one online rather than have a second maintenance (the planned one)...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hivewasp View Post
One could hope they take the time from this crash to put the new one online rather than have a second maintenance (the planned one)...
They sure are. Servers are now down for an hour and a half but the patch will be ready at the end of it so no more server down time again tonight...
Unless it crashes again :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 11:40 PM
That's great news if they patch it now...way better than later....cheers
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2010, 11:42 PM
I demand cryptic tell me exactly when the server will crash. We have psychics exactly for this reason, use them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRYPTIC PATCHER View Post
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Saturday, 12, February from 10pm PST to 12am PST (6am to 8am GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.
BTW they were never scheduled to go down at 10pm, they were scheduled for 5 hours later but hey...lemonade right?

That was a pretty nice cover up to be honest, good job cryptic. It is equivalent to "Oh... I meant to do that"
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltark View Post
They sure are. Servers are now down for an hour and a half but the patch will be ready at the end of it so no more server down time again tonight...
That would be nice indeed to get the patch in since the servers are down anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltark View Post
How could we be sure of that?