Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Just my 2 cents and it'll make sci captains more useful....


This fixes 2 problems, the feds balling up and the huge wait for action cause of cloaks.

I got this idea watching an episode of TNG last night, The one where they set of a net of ships to dectect the romulans who were cloaked trying to give duras supplies.

Heres my solution and why I think it will work....

Fix the sci captions sensor scan, give it 2 cool downs, If it hits a target for the debuff keep the cool down the same, If your doing it without a target shorten the cool down to 10 seconds.

This way we can better detect cloaked ships, how does this help? Heres on scenerio


The fed balls sitting there, klinks are cloaked no ones doing anything, the feds start to senser sweep to deteck cloaks but since there balled up its easily avoided by the klinks, even if the ball moves klinks move, but since the balls moving it may open up pvp by giving the klinks some position.

But if the Feds want to be more effective they have to widen the net, loosen up the ball a little bit, this will help jump start pvp, this way you got you three stay together, crusiser come with me I'll try to smoke them out, I do a scan the one klink by himself was lucky and was a little to far away and now has 10 seconds, hey firends come here quick!!!! I mean the possibilities are endless.

And before the klinks say its not fair, remember you'll still Never be detected if you keep moving and the feds will never get you unless they move.

I play a sci captain I don't want to stay in a ball, but I run my sensers and now i gotta wait a minute, give me a 10 sec cool down, That way I can try hunting so if I die at least I'm doing something I hate sitting around.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Ok heres a counter point..

Klinks usually are sitting 20km away from you.. why.. because recently sci ship have been pegging cloakers 15-18km out..

Asfar as cloak being a problem it isn't .. the problem is mostly in the que system and this .. well if i decloak i will get autofired in 2 seconds mentality.. usually they are waiting on "Joe" to tank .. so thye can sneak in and get their shots off.

Paper ships means more paranoia when it comes to wanting to decloak...

There is no clear solution . but the one your offering will allow 1 sci ship to full impulse in circles spaming that.

The "end game" solution atm for klinks.. is the carrier.. and they can not cloak.. but then when it tanks well against a fed ball nerfs are called... so.. paper ships with cloak.. or well tanked vessel with a nerf..

So far feds are greedy as usual and want both.. I realize after all that fighting against pve ships.. we must be really hard npcs and need a nerf so ppl can win..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-13-2010, 12:08 AM
I have your solution... get out of tier 1 and tier 2.... finally klingon get battlecruisers and the style changes...
reach top level before complaining about something, honestly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-13-2010, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voidtarget View Post
I have your solution... get out of tier 1 and tier 2.... finally klingon get battlecruisers and the style changes...
reach top level before complaining about something, honestly.
Agree. But what I don't like is that the BC is the only survivable ship... those of us that play BoP in T3, that's where I am on klink side, get CC and focus fired pretty quick because feds know that they need to knock out the dps so they can tackle the cruisers. I'm not knocking the feds cause it makes sense. But they need an individual CC breaker... yes I know there are plenty of group abilities to handle CC. ie Science Team, Extend Shields... but us BoP are usually out of reach because we have to stay out of reach of all but 1 fed ship because it only takes that 1 ship to take down our forward shields pretty quick and then it's turn and try to run. However, by then yer CC'd focus fired... dead. I think escorts, BoP, raptors need some love... maybe an improved evasive... but all ships should have an individual CC breaker that is trainable... a crew drill to reestablish system and counter the attack.... do it like in CO... tap tap tap
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-13-2010, 12:37 AM
How about the feds be allowed to get cloak but when you get it you get some type of de buff. Look Before you go all crazy on me think about it. The Federation is at war know there is no treaty to tie them down from Cloak. In Star trek next gen there was a episode where the Enterprise recovered a Prototype cloak from the ship Pegasus in a asteroid. Then used it to get out after the Romulans sealed them in. It was a clock that let you go through matter and you were out of Phase. So why can we the feds not have cloak. Also the Defiant had one so what is the big deal Why can fed not have one there is not more treaty it was broken with war. There problem salved.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-13-2010, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaki
Just my 2 cents and it'll make sci captains more useful....


This fixes 2 problems, the feds balling up and the huge wait for action cause of cloaks.

I got this idea watching an episode of TNG last night, The one where they set of a net of ships to dectect the romulans who were cloaked trying to give duras supplies.

Heres my solution and why I think it will work....

Fix the sci captions sensor scan, give it 2 cool downs, If it hits a target for the debuff keep the cool down the same, If your doing it without a target shorten the cool down to 10 seconds.

This way we can better detect cloaked ships, how does this help? Heres on scenerio


The fed balls sitting there, klinks are cloaked no ones doing anything, the feds start to senser sweep to deteck cloaks but since there balled up its easily avoided by the klinks, even if the ball moves klinks move, but since the balls moving it may open up pvp by giving the klinks some position.

But if the Feds want to be more effective they have to widen the net, loosen up the ball a little bit, this will help jump start pvp, this way you got you three stay together, crusiser come with me I'll try to smoke them out, I do a scan the one klink by himself was lucky and was a little to far away and now has 10 seconds, hey firends come here quick!!!! I mean the possibilities are endless.

And before the klinks say its not fair, remember you'll still Never be detected if you keep moving and the feds will never get you unless they move.

I play a sci captain I don't want to stay in a ball, but I run my sensers and now i gotta wait a minute, give me a 10 sec cool down, That way I can try hunting so if I die at least I'm doing something I hate sitting around.
I have news for you,

Yesterday our team was completed, 5 Carriers in one Premade.

We be rolling your way nau !

Cloak works just fine atm, some Sci ships see us ridiculously far away but its not a problem anymore as i sit in a Carrier
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-13-2010, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
I have news for you,

Yesterday our team was completed, 5 Carriers in one Premade.

We be rolling your way nau !

Cloak works just fine atm, some Sci ships see us ridiculously far away but its not a problem anymore as i sit in a Carrier
I eat carriers for breakfast , or die trying in a blaze of glory and atmosphere deprived steel and carnage...Either way I welcome the challenge.

unfortunately though, the problem with your suggestion is that theres nothing to stop the klinks from pegging the hell out of one of the science vessels and then running away.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-13-2010, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
I eat carriers for breakfast , or die trying in a blaze of glory and atmosphere deprived steel and carnage...Either way I welcome the challenge.

unfortunately though, the problem with your suggestion is that theres nothing to stop the klinks from pegging the hell out of one of the science vessels and then running away.
ive played KvK where 5 BoPs turn on one BoP and our Support keeps him alive in every game, there is nothing wrong witch cloak if Feds just have more support skills.

The only unfortunate thing in here is that Feds lack teamwork and support skills.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-13-2010, 03:04 AM
My Solution would be to introduce some Klingon Ships that dont cloak but are good enough to draw people awat from the BoP. Would have to be one hell of a ship but it cold be done.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-13-2010, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael102 View Post
My Solution would be to introduce some Klingon Ships that dont cloak but are good enough to draw people awat from the BoP. Would have to be one hell of a ship but it cold be done.
Its called Carrier, and its in the game in T5 i fly one and it AWESOME.

If they nerfhammer it, i will detonate a nuke in federation space station with my fed alt.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:34 AM.