Lt. Commander
# 1 System: Batteries ..... ???
02-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Can someone please tell me everything you know about System: Batteries. Mr. System is wanted on 5 counts of fraud and 3 counts of tax evasion. WE need to know what skills improve his power level, what consoles increase him, and how he can be harnessed. Thank you,

-The Dept. of People Who Think Cryptic Should Have Written A FREAKING MANUAL
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 11:41 PM
You still toying with aux to battery ? :-) I havent found any skill wich improves it yet, and also putting more ranks in it, doesnt do anything at alll !!! must be the only skill around, wich has this "benefit".
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
You still toying with aux to battery ? :-) I havent found any skill wich improves it yet, and also putting more ranks in it, doesnt do anything at alll !!! must be the only skill around, wich has this "benefit".
I imagine those 'benefits' would make up a few of the counts of fraud and tax evasion... :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2010, 02:00 AM
Ship Warpcore training
Ship Auxilary system maintanance
Ship Auxilary system performance

Adding ranks in aux to battery, seems to increase the duration of the battery effect.

Still there is some flaw in cooldowns and sharing with CD with other batteries.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2010, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Ship Warpcore training
Ship Auxilary system maintanance
Ship Auxilary system performance

Adding ranks in aux to battery, seems to increase the duration of the battery effect.

Still there is some flaw in cooldowns and sharing with CD with other batteries.
Thanks for experimenting Dalnar. So putting ranks into the BOff's skill increases the duration. Does putting ranks into the corresponding Captain's skills also increase duration, or does it increase the power of the battery (or does it do nothing)?

I played around a bit with the Aux power, and from what I could tell the level of Aux didn't seem to have any effect, although I was mostly checking the level of energy boost provided, and might not have noticed an increase in duration. IIRC Aux to Battery II provided a hefty 44 energy for me but only lasted 6 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Im using aux to bat I, and it usualy lasts for 10s, the buff varies on the aux power, when it was made, usualy between 55 to 66...those last aux skills on admiral level, help it a bit, but still its too random. And there is a flaw in the cooldowns.

Max duration of my batters is 188s (3 and something mins). Now when i make a battery, and use it after those 3 mins. My ability is ready in next 2 mins, but since the batteries also have cooldown, i cannot use the new battery until its expired. Now comes the tricky part..ocassional, the second battery expires, before you can use it :-(

Clearly the duration of created batteries should be 2x longer at least.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks Dalnar
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I'm still just Commander, but my findings mirror yours Dalmar. One thing I found is that if I do Engineering Team III (which gives +30 Warp Core training) and set my Aux power levels to max, using Emergency Power to Auxiliary in order to put it to 125, then I can get a Large Emergency Battery out of it, though sometimes I still get a Medium Emergency Battery... so I'm not sure what is up with that.

But really my question pertains to the fact that Emergency Power to Weapons/Shields/Auxiliary lists "System: Batteries" as its system. So presumably things that improve the System: Batteries ought to improve all the "Emergency Power" systems. And using an "Emergency Battery" should ostensibly help all the "Emergency Power to X" powers... though I'm having a hard time to see where the benefits inhere.

Also, Dalmar, *you had spare Admiral skill-points to spend on testing this... ?!* Do you know about a re-spec that I don't know about?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2010, 11:04 PM
So the battery size controls how long the battery sticks around right, not the size of the boost? And there still doesn't seem to be a way around the 4 minute cooldown after using the battery regardless of how frequently you can create the batteries?

I was under the impression that the System: Batteries part mostly determined what other abilities shared cooldowns. The actual Auxiliary Power to Batteries power lists the system as Auxiliary, so it should share cooldowns with things like Auxiliary Power to Structural Integrity. As far as I can tell the batteries themselves, including the batteries created by Aux to Battery do not list an associated system.

I don't think our batteries have any impact on the Emergency Power to XXX abilities. Except in the sense that there is a maximum of 125 for any subsystem, and hitting the battery at the same time as one of the Emergency Power to XXX might not be an efficient use of our abilities if it pushes a system over 125.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-14-2010, 01:12 AM
Yeah emergency powers and batteries have nothing in common. Propably bad info in tooltip.