Lt. Commander
Meh. With EPE and Evasive manovers you could decloak at the edge of the fedball, hit someone then get out with a 25% chance of survival. Now there is no chance of escape. So BOPs will now need to slug it out with superior firepower and shield fed ships.

Whats next, take away the cloak?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 12:02 AM
Full power to engines + evasive gives you a good 25-30km from everyone, fire ramming speed if you're still in the shiz. If you're in a bop dont decloak first, let the cruisers do that. If you're in a tier where klinks dont have cruisers you should be getting away with this very easily.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenikis View Post
Full power to engines + evasive gives you a good 25-30km from everyone, fire ramming speed if you're still in the shiz. If you're in a bop dont decloak first, let the cruisers do that. If you're in a tier where klinks dont have cruisers you should be getting away with this very easily.
Its been nerfed. Check the patch notes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2010, 12:05 AM
Quote:
I think you dont understand the point. The BO skill was fine as it was, and was alternative to EP-S, now its crap. With this change im forced to "best" RPS/EP-S builds, because there is no way to "hit + run" on regular basis, but i have to tank.

Im soooo ****ed about it.

I question the logic and common sense of the dev, who changed it. There is ALOT more important fixes for various overstacked/overpowered skills, than this, perfectly fine option.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2010, 12:08 AM
Nope, for some reason my bird gets sluggish in T2 and Emergency Power to engines is too slow... have to use engine battery and even then I'm still slowed enough that the pack catches me with EM anywayz
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2010, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenstein
Its been nerfed. Check the patch notes.
I said full power to engines, not emergency power to engines. You do not need EPE to get away.

I have never had a problem doing hit and runs with simply putting all power to engines and hitting evasive through all 5 tiers.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2010, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
I think you dont understand the point. The BO skill was fine as it was, and was alternative to EP-S, now its crap. With this change im forced to "best" RPS/EP-S builds, because there is no way to "hit + run" on regular basis, but i have to tank.

Im soooo ****ed about it.

I question the logic and common sense of the dev, who changed it. There is ALOT more important fixes for various overstacked/overpowered skills, than this, perfectly fine option.
Feds are cheering about this even though their counter point to their fed ball tactics was the fact we could hit and run.. with this now being more "challenging" I will look forward to seeing more fedballs decimated with klink balls of carriers, about our only worthwhile tank end game.. and I bet you that will get nerfed soon too so feds can have an easier time against those too.

Like its been mentioned.. this is a one faction game.. or heading that way atleast .. join the rest of us migrating back to fed side waiting to kill their numbers off in FvF.

The fall of the empire.. happening so soon after release.. gratz feds you win the game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2010, 12:14 AM
Quote:
I said full power to engines, not emergency power to engines. You do not need EPE to get away.

I have never had a problem doing hit and runs with simply putting all power to engines and hitting evasive through all 5 tiers.
Really, do you know how EPE-E worked before ? Because from your posts you seem you dont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhamatos View Post
Feds are cheering about this even though their counter point to their fed ball tactics was the fact we could hit and run.. with this now being more "challenging" I will look forward to seeing more fedballs decimated with klink balls of carriers, about our only worthwhile tank end game.. and I bet you that will get nerfed soon too so feds can have an easier time against those too.

Like its been mentioned.. this is a one faction game.. or heading that way atleast .. join the rest of us migrating back to fed side waiting to kill their numbers off in FvF.

The fall of the empire.. happening so soon after release.. gratz feds you win the game.
Im a FED! but i refuse to stack RPS/EP-S and rather create my own builds, and i rellly on speed, so ican feel your pain. Thats going to hurt alot of people. AND IT WAS COMPLETELY NOT NEEDED.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2010, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Really, do you know how EPE-E worked before ? Because from your posts you seem you dont.
Yes I do. Im telling you to do what you're saying you used it for you do not need it. I dont know a simpler way to explain it for you.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Yes I do. Im telling you to do what you're saying you used it for you do not need it. I dont know a simpler way to explain it for you.
Recheck the cooldowns, recheck the math...your "options" is alot worse. Or rather was worse..now its better, stupidly better in terms of speed, still worse in terms of power management.

The main difference is, that it was viable alternative to EP-S, now it isnt, thus promotes cloned builds...and i can only *spit* on that,