Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
The Galaxy-Class C-Store ships, Excelsior Retrofit Class ship, Exeter-Class and Galaxy Dreadnought were all Enterprise's at one point. And get unique universal consoles to come with them. TOS Consitution-Class gets retrofit blue phaser that level as you do, so I consider that comparable as well as the extensive transwarp abilities of the Excelsior-class starships. Yet the Ambassador-Class and Soveriegn-Class (That I have noticed) do not. I was wondering why they were left without something unique like a special console, ability or weapon to honor it's time as an Enterprise in the Star Trek Universe.

Furthermore, I found a render of what was one of the original ideas for the Ambassador-Class from Star Trek: TNG considered for the episode "Yesterday's Enterprise". http://www.modelermagic.com/wordpres...02-500x281.jpg

While we have the ability to customize the Ambassador, it is extremely limited between the classic Ambassador-Class and the Yamaguchi. Why wasn't this model also considered for the Fleet Ambassador-Class on STO? It would certainly distinguish it and make it look more up-to-date with current ships.

Also, does anyone know if there was a bridge very similar to the Enterprise-C's available for customization?

I would like to politely request these additions to better assist its ability. If you're taking suggestions, both the Enterprise-C and Yamaguchi (more famous Ambassador-Class ships) were known for being exceptionally tough, the Enterprise-C having lasted in battle with 4 Romulan warbirds so long as to impress the Klingon Empire and the Yamaguchi having been disabled and badly damaged during the battle of Wolf 359 but salvaged and fought in the Dominion War.

Perhaps a console that grants additional hull hit points or resistance could be considered for the Fleet Ambassador-Class. Or a console that greatly improves the shields resistant abilities.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 357
# 2
06-30-2014, 11:55 PM
The C-Store Sovereign Refit comes with both a wide angle quantum torpedo launcher and a Riker Maneuver console. The Ambassador class has no console because they've never released a C-Store version of it.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,203
# 3
07-01-2014, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael74331 View Post
Also, does anyone know if there was a bridge very similar to the Enterprise-C's available for customization?
The Enterprise-C bridge was a redress of the battle bridge. Which was itself a redress of the refit Enterprise bridge from TMP, TWOK, and TSFS IIRC. To my knowledge there isn't really any bridge pack for any of those ships, but one that can kinda sorta fit is the Prometheus bridge pack. The Prometheus bridge was a redress of the Excelsior bridge seen in 'Flashback'.

The Prometheus bridge is the best bridge in the game if you don't count the Belfast interior you can get from the DS9 bundle, which really should only apply to the Defiant-class. Unfortunately, the interiors of ships is not a priority for Cryptic, because you can't get it in a lockbox apparently.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 303
# 4
07-01-2014, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
Unfortunately, the interiors of ships is not a priority for Cryptic, because you can't get it in a lockbox apparently.
It's amazing how a single comment can be so much things at once. Funny, true but also quite sad.
To boldly go and blow stuff up where no man has gone before!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 5
07-01-2014, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael74331 View Post
The Galaxy-Class C-Store ships, Excelsior Retrofit Class ship, Exeter-Class and Galaxy Dreadnought were all Enterprise's at one point. And get unique universal consoles to come with them. TOS Consitution-Class gets retrofit blue phaser that level as you do, so I consider that comparable as well as the extensive transwarp abilities of the Excelsior-class starships. Yet the Ambassador-Class and Soveriegn-Class (That I have noticed) do not. I was wondering why they were left without something unique like a special console, ability or weapon to honor it's time as an Enterprise in the Star Trek Universe.
As noted above, the Regent covers the Sovereign stuff like the 180 Degree Quantum Torpedo (First contact) and the Riker Manuver (Insurrection)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael74331 View Post
Furthermore, I found a render of what was one of the original ideas for the Ambassador-Class from Star Trek: TNG considered for the episode "Yesterday's Enterprise". http://www.modelermagic.com/wordpres...02-500x281.jpg

While we have the ability to customize the Ambassador, it is extremely limited between the classic Ambassador-Class and the Yamaguchi. Why wasn't this model also considered for the Fleet Ambassador-Class on STO? It would certainly distinguish it and make it look more up-to-date with current ships.
Design is not owned by CBS, it's owned by Andrew Probert. And last I checked, he wasn't interested in it being in STO.

Second, even if they did, it's a drastic departure as an Ambassador-class and surely would become a new class of ship.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 339
# 6
07-01-2014, 07:17 AM
Like others have said, reason the T5 refit ambassador had no console is cause it wasnt a c-store ship. It was a limited time reward for doing the 'Temporal Ambassador' mission. That said I see no reason why they cant add it to the cstore and slap something special on it. Litterly takes no time and makes them money.

The ambassador was known for having quick recharging phaser arrays, so give it something like an Acc x2, crith x 1, level less phaser array with less power drain and slightly lower top dmg then a mk12 very rare phaser array to balance it out. And a console that gives hull resist/increased hull regen for heal over time.

Simple stuff easy to do quickly, new cstore ship for all, and fleet discount for those who want the Fleet Ambassador. Wins all around for all of us. Especially for those who missed out on getting the T5 free ambassador.

I loved all 3 of those ships.
Career Officer
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 265
# 7
07-03-2014, 04:52 PM
TBh im surprised that the Celestial class wasn't also added to the ambassador since i always believed it was a newer version of it.

i do agree that a c store with a console and a new design would be nice.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,415
# 8
07-03-2014, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcastleton View Post
TBh im surprised that the Celestial class wasn't also added to the ambassador since i always believed it was a newer version of it.

i do agree that a c store with a console and a new design would be nice.
Make Niagra the Zen ship and alt skin for Ambassador
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,825
# 9
07-04-2014, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcastleton View Post
TBh im surprised that the Celestial class wasn't also added to the ambassador since i always believed it was a newer version of it.

i do agree that a c store with a console and a new design would be nice.
That would be a nice idea TBH!

To increase the alternatives they could make some Celestial and Envoy ship parts availlabe.
They could just rescale those ship parts to make them fit for the Ambassador.
I don't know if the Envoy Neck would be possible to implement for the Amb, but i am sure most other parts would be possible to add.

Personally i find it a shame that such a fine ship like the Ambassador didn't get a visual 2409 update.

You have my support in this.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,131
# 10
07-04-2014, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
That would be a nice idea TBH!

To increase the alternatives they could make some Celestial and Envoy ship parts availlabe.
They could just rescale those ship parts to make them fit for the Ambassador.
I don't know if the Envoy Neck would be possible to implement for the Amb, but i am sure most other parts would be possible to add.

Personally i find it a shame that such a fine ship like the Ambassador didn't get a visual 2409 update.

You have my support in this.
I'm undecided about this one.

On the one hand, the Ambassador is a canon ship and should be present at endgame content but on the other hand, I don't think it deserves a 25th century refit. Just like the Excelsior the ship has been replaced entirely and it's only due to fan-wish that it's up to par with 25th century starships. The Yamaguchi-type is it's latest canon appeareance, like the Lakota-type is for the Excelsior. I don't think they need a 25th century variant.

I'm not against the celestial variant to either the Explorer or the Ambassador, but only if it gets a major revamp. The model is just ugly - not in a matter of taste, but it's faulty, clipping and badly textured. I guess that's ehy they dropped it doing the T5 version of the Galaxy...
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:52 AM.