Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Super Moderator
# 11
07-01-2014, 01:28 PM
This post has been moved to the proper forum for continued discussion
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Career Officer
# 12
07-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedsnake001 View Post
If we add this, then people will complain they "accidentally" pressed Finish Now and then we're going to get an angry mob of people who do not support something completely optional ingame, just like Crafting.
That why I said put the button out off to the side.

If it's off where normally you don't click, then it wouldn't be accidental, now would it?
Career Officer
# 13
07-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
If Cryptic was to implement something like this, then it would cost over 10,000 dilithium per project and might be closer to 25,000 dilithium per project. I did some quick calculations on the Neverwinter Profession system which has the Finish Now option and it works out to about 67 Astral Diamonds per minute. I adjusted the cost based on a 500 Astral Diamond Exchange rate for Neverwinter and a 150 Dilithium Exchange rate to reach an approximation of 25,000 dilithium for a 20 hour project. If it costs 25,000 dilithium per project, then the cost would be 1 million dilithium per reputation.
I dare say there would be some that would pay it, that could be a good thing cos it might bring the zen>dil exchange rate down.

it would be great to exchange 1zen for under 100dil again.
Quote:
When I think about everything we've been through together, maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey, and if that journey takes a little longer, so we can do something we all believe in, I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.
Captain
# 14
07-07-2014, 11:11 PM
I support this proposal. I would never use it, for I am not Crosis and I am not made of money, but if other people want an option to set their money on fire, I'm all for this.
Captain
# 15
07-08-2014, 07:31 AM
Sure, put a "Finish Now" button... or better yet a "Rush" button. This is how it should work...

For every hour you want to shave off of the waiting time the total cost in resources increases by 25%. This would be a compounding effect so it would be 25% on top of 25% for each hour you want to shave off.

For example, I think every daily rep (20 hours) requires 30 marks, 2,000 XP, and 7,500 ECs. To drop that down to 19 hours just multiply the resources required by 25% (round to the nearest whole number). The would mean you would need 38 marks, 2,500 XP and 9,375 EC. Shaving off 2 hours (18 hour competion time) would mean you multiply the required resources by another 25% which works out to 47 marks, 3,125 XP and 11,718.75 ECs. To do instant completion that means a total of 2,602 marks, 173,472 XP and 650,521 ECs.

The formula is rather simple:

Resource Requirements = Resource * 1.25^X

^ = Exponent
X = Number of hours to shave off.
Captain
# 16
07-13-2014, 07:42 AM
Never going to happen. As we saw with S9 and the limitation of 3 hourly projects per day they are intent on forcing us to not only have a boring grind for these reps but makes sure its a LONG boring grind. Would be nice, but its about as likely as them getting back to the good old days of random drops in STFs from pre S7.
DPS Channels & League Info Thread

CLR—Infected Space[1:14]—: Dmg(DPS) —Elitist@john98837 11,711,018(158,257) - No Recluse
Captain
# 17
07-13-2014, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john98837 View Post
Never going to happen. As we saw with S9 and the limitation of 3 hourly projects per day they are intent on forcing us to not only have a boring grind for these reps but makes sure its a LONG boring grind. Would be nice, but its about as likely as them getting back to the good old days of random drops in STFs from pre S7.
Three?

Most I ever been able to slot for XP was 2. They knew it was a known issue and still haven't fixed it.
Fleet Admiral
Jeffry L. Caler
Commanding Officer
USS Thomas E. Paris
Captain
# 18
07-13-2014, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengoz View Post
I have been playing around with the new crafting system and I saw the "finish now" feature. Why does only this system have it? Apply it to the rest of the game. I hate waiting 20 hours for the Reputation XP missions to end. Please add the feature so that I can pay dilithium or zen to finish the rep missions right away . Also, add this feature to the Starbase system. Some of the projects require days of waiting. Levleling up all the Doff categories takes too long too. Also would be nice to just pay something to finish the basic XP leveling of a new toon. Why not just pay some dilithium to finish leveling now?
You gotta remember the finish now is only on tribble. DON'T EXPECT it on Holodeck.

ALL PROJECTS Reputation and starbase have a 30 sec cooldown on TRIBBLE because it is a testing platform.

They did however screw up the fast rate finish because doff assignments are still whatever the time says.
Fleet Admiral
Jeffry L. Caler
Commanding Officer
USS Thomas E. Paris
Captain
# 19
07-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarskx View Post
Sure, put a "Finish Now" button... or better yet a "Rush" button. This is how it should work...

For every hour you want to shave off of the waiting time the total cost in resources increases by 25%. This would be a compounding effect so it would be 25% on top of 25% for each hour you want to shave off.

For example, I think every daily rep (20 hours) requires 30 marks, 2,000 XP, and 7,500 ECs. To drop that down to 19 hours just multiply the resources required by 25% (round to the nearest whole number). The would mean you would need 38 marks, 2,500 XP and 9,375 EC. Shaving off 2 hours (18 hour competion time) would mean you multiply the required resources by another 25% which works out to 47 marks, 3,125 XP and 11,718.75 ECs. To do instant completion that means a total of 2,602 marks, 173,472 XP and 650,521 ECs.

The formula is rather simple:

Resource Requirements = Resource * 1.25^X

^ = Exponent
X = Number of hours to shave off.
Why would anyone want to speed up completion on the reputation systems timers. I have 1 toon fully repped and any time I feel the need to make a new toon I do a couple of things before starting on the rep system.

First, I get sponsor tokens from my main toon through account bank to my other toon that needs rep system to be completed.

Second, I collect 750 marks per rep as this will get you to t5 including upgrades.

I am almost finished with collecting marks on my 3rd toon, got sidetracked testing on tribble. Once I am done it will take 3 weeks roughly to max all 5 reps.

It is illogical to complain about an easy system.

How much easier can we get with sponsor tokens.

Now to answer all about the option to finish now with the crafting system. First I want to say its on tribble and most everything is on a speedup timer to allow for testing of the features otherwise a test server would be useless if we had to actually wait 20 hours.

I can't speak if they are going to keep that quick finish feature and move it to holodeck. If they did it would make some mad and make some happy. Simply put you can only please some people half the time, and you can't please everyone all the time.
Fleet Admiral
Jeffry L. Caler
Commanding Officer
USS Thomas E. Paris
Captain
# 20
07-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2485 View Post
Why would anyone want to speed up completion on the reputation systems timers. I have 1 toon fully repped and any time I feel the need to make a new toon I do a couple of things before starting on the rep system.
I am perfectly fine with the current progression state of the rep system. However, it seems the to some it is too slow. Therefore, a solution could be to allocate more resources to decrease completion time. The sooner you want to complete the project the more resources you need to devote.

If someone truly wanted to instantly complete a project the person would need to devote 2,602 marks, 173,472 XP and 650,521 ECs based on the simple formula. It will take you a bit of time to gather all of the resources, but the option is there to instantly complete a project with a 20 hour wait time if someone really wanted to.