Career Officer
# 11
07-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedsnake001 View Post
On TRIBBLE currently the old Aegis set auto-updates to the new version. It was also Bind on Equip on TRIBBLE as well so if something changed it's not on TRIBBLE.
Now THAT is interesting... would love some clarification from the devs. Guess we'll find out soon enough!
Captain
# 12
07-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhall85 View Post
Hmm... I didn't start reputation stuff until after S9, so forgive me for not knowing how it worked previously...

But, how did you get Mk XII gear in the old system? Didn't you still have to grind for it? Your Mk X/Mk XI stuff didn't just magically upgrade to Mk XII, did it?

I think the question is valid for Aegis, IMHO, because current Aegis *is* "Mk XII" since it's auto-leveled (if you are at level 50, mind you). Plus, Al Rivera did hint at the new crafting system being used to upgrade old gear...

You still could be right, ultimately... I guess we shall see!
Sorry to spill the beans but, auto leveling equipment stops at MK X. So a Lvl 50 has an ageis set of MK X and no higher. Same is for ALL auto leveling equipment. Many threads, for years now, have asked for it to be increased. I would love to continue using my auto leveling Bajoran Phasers, but MK XII is much better equipment at endgame than they are.

May the Prophets guide us in these cryptic times....
Career Officer
# 13
07-01-2014, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admrenlarreck View Post
Sorry to spill the beans but, auto leveling equipment stops at MK X.
No bean-spilling here, I didn't even know that! Thanks!
Commander
# 14
07-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedsnake001 View Post
On TRIBBLE currently the old Aegis set auto-updates to the new version. It was also Bind on Equip on TRIBBLE as well so if something changed it's not on TRIBBLE.
and what are set bonuses for it?
Captain
# 15
07-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
So they made Aegis Bind on Acquire. That's funny and it defeats one of the main points of crafting.
That was the exact same argument the playerbase had when Crafting 1.5 came out, in which crafting pretty much became useless unless you are an individual with a mass amount of data samples and a completionist. So now, they pretty much made it a time gate. At least we don't have to pay dilithium to buy a specific level "license". Ok, I take that back, devs don't read this, its about a recipe to make muffins.
Captain
# 16
07-01-2014, 03:22 PM
Quote:
1. The new set is no longer auto-leveling.
The Aegis set was never auto-leveling. It was always set to Mk X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
So they made Aegis Bind on Acquire. That's funny and it defeats one of the main points of crafting.
There is absolutely no proof of that. Reputation items are Character Bind on Pickup not Bound to Character so the Aegis equipment would have to say Character Bind on Pickup not Bound to Character. Also, even if it is Bind on Pickup now doesn't mean it will be Bind on Pickup when the Season 9.5 goes live.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 17
07-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Quote:
So, after reading the latest dev blog, here's what I can gather about Aegis 2.0:

1. The new set is no longer auto-leveling.
2. The new set can be crafted to Ultra-Rare level.
3. The new set binds to character, so I guess that means no trading/exchange.

Aside from the stats themselves, some interesting trade-offs. Looks like that Aegis will be the set that people can grind for, if they don't want to grind for fleet gear. Sad to see that it won't auto-level anymore, especially if there is ever a cap increase. I just hope they offer an upgrade option to current Aegis owners... make it the same crafting level requirements, but require less materials.

Has the set hit Tribble yet? Did I get any of these facts wrong?
The set is Bind to Account on Equip - the screenshots I provided for the blog were just on gear I had already equipped, and thus it was bound to me. The whole draw of R+D is making gear for other people as well as yourself, and that includes the endgame gear available in the system.

The old set is upgraded to the new stats.

Players who were able to craft AEGIS in the old system will receive the Duty Officer that allows AEGIS crafting for free when the new system launches, as well as a title for progressing that far in the previous system.

Players who gained any XP at all in the old system will receive the "Dabbler" title as a reward when the new system launches.
Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
Cryptic Studios Team
# 18
07-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admrenlarreck View Post
Sorry to spill the beans but, auto leveling equipment stops at MK X. So a Lvl 50 has an ageis set of MK X and no higher. Same is for ALL auto leveling equipment. Many threads, for years now, have asked for it to be increased. I would love to continue using my auto leveling Bajoran Phasers, but MK XII is much better equipment at endgame than they are.
This is true - your current Aegis set will actually receive a substantial stats increase when it gets boosted to Mk XII after 9.5 goes live.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 19
07-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by binebane View Post
and what are set bonuses for it?
2pc: Energy Negation: Every 30 seconds, gain a buff that completely negates the next incoming hit.
3pc: Energy Feedback Conductor: Long recharge click power. Gives +100 Res All Energy, Reduces Shield damage taken by 30%. 10 sec duration. For each second while this buff is active that you take Energy Damage, gain +2% bonus energy damage for 10 seconds. Duration of buff refreshes with each hit.

This is all subject to tuning and changing, they're both a little more complex than I think is ideal but they're useful and thematic.
Captain
# 20
07-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
The set is Bind to Account on Equip - the screenshots I provided for the blog were just on gear I had already equipped, and thus it was bound to me. The whole draw of R+D is making gear for other people as well as yourself, and that includes the endgame gear available in the system.

The old set is upgraded to the new stats.

Players who were able to craft AEGIS in the old system will receive the Duty Officer that allows AEGIS crafting for free when the new system launches, as well as a title for progressing that far in the previous system.

Players who gained any XP at all in the old system will receive the "Dabbler" title as a reward when the new system launches.
Thanks for clearing this up. You guys got your work cut out for you in ensuring the right info is out.

Cryptic's Development Philosophy for the KDF & PVP