Republic Veteran
# 1 TR-116B sniper rifle
07-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Just read the most recent crafting update and saw you can craft this rifle and all I can say is not cool cryptic/prefect world

This was a Target preorder item, that was nerfed and made useless after lvl 10 and now you make it craftable rather than fix it and available to all.....

This item should only be available to those who bought it as they paid money for it so please rather than add more content fix the old stuff first
Career Officer
# 2
07-01-2014, 02:17 PM
As I understand it, the TR-116B will not be able to shoot through walls. But it will be viable at endgame.
Republic Veteran
# 3
07-01-2014, 02:20 PM
its a fixed version that's free to all.....which is the problem...they arejnt fixing the old one instead they are making an entirely new one and making it available to all which is the problem
Captain
# 4
07-01-2014, 02:22 PM
But it's not the same as the original one.

And given the costs, finding an unsued pre-order code might be cheaper.
Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
What's my position?
That people should know what they're screaming about!
(paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
07-01-2014, 02:22 PM
It's a different model without the mini transporter that allows bullets to be shot through walls.

I for one am glad to get it, as you cannot get the preorder items anymore.
Quote:
D'kyr for Romulans! Fight for reunification, fight for a bridge to unite our peoples! Fight so that every Federation Romulan can pay 2000 Zen and earn a D'kyr Science Vessel!

D'kyr for Romulans!!
Republic Veteran
# 6
07-01-2014, 02:29 PM
they should just fix the old one not make a newer one and make that available to all...its not right and it is the same thing copied this directly from the dev blog

This TR-116B sniper rifle has a secondary fire mode that shoots a transported bolt at a single target dealing high damage with a good chance to knockback. The upgrades made to this weapon cause it to deal more damage and penetrate 20% of the targetís shields, but as a trade-off, this iteration of the TR-116 model requires line of sight to hit its target.
Super Moderator
# 7
07-01-2014, 02:31 PM
As a person that has the old TR-116A rifle (and still uses it from time to time) I'm actually happy to see an upgraded version even though it doesn't have the ability to shoot through walls. It at least has a nice kinetic attack.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Republic Veteran
# 8
07-01-2014, 02:32 PM
and...for the record...I think the rifle is better and could be considered a fixed version but if its only avialbe to those who bought it....otherwise its just not fair to those like myself who pre-ordered
Rihannsu
# 9
07-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Is this new version still immune to Borg Adaptation?
Sorry for any strange typos, I'm cursed with this spell check...
JOIN OUR CULT OR DROWN UNDER OUR UNSTOPPABLE WAKE! Children: 190 (more or less)
Jupiter Concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
I find Doomô posts kind of hilarious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Kay Ash
Give yourself something to work toward - constantly.
Career Officer
# 10
07-01-2014, 02:48 PM
From what I hear, the TR-116B's limitations seems not to overshadow the original TR-116 pre-order by having no ability to shoot through walls and other limitations. But the TR-116 and some other pre-order bonuses be viable at end-game by having it scale up to be fair to them.

Also, call me nitpicky, but why they have to call it the TR-116B? Why not a new designation like TR-130? I mean we are crafting something, surely it should sound new as well as feel new.
Closed Thread