Lt. Commander
# 11
02-13-2010, 06:34 AM
What post-launch Klingon nerfs have there been? I can't think of any...

Anyway, I logged on my T1 Klingon, and there were hardly any Federation players in the queue; it was almost entirely Klingons. I logged out and switched over to T4 Federation, and it was the exact opposite - plenty of Federation and no Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-13-2010, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inaphase View Post
Nerf after Nerf...

Klingons get Initial attack on a target, a well organized crew can hit 1 ship at the same time..., when ever Feds are out numbered, we get slaughtered, when ever klingons are outnumbered you remain cloaked till you have your full team.

You all have the same skills as we do, and can utilize them.., you all have that warp and cloaking ability even while under fire..., Most of the Klingons I've fought seem to have no issues with Shield or Hull strength..., and you all rip apart our ships like they were nothing.., so umm where's the nerfs?

It's to easy pvp'ing as a klingon.
Not when half the Klingon populace is leaving to play their fed alt, or just leaving the game. As that makes it so queue's take longer, plus with the added bonus of our exp from pvp nerfed, why would we want to stay klingon side? I have already cancelled my account because I am tired of playing Klingon and getting the shaft from the devs. I want to play a game thats fun, playing a faction I like from the get go without having to play a fed to unlock said faction, not to have to play till lvl 5 on fed side, then finally "unlock" a faction that should be open from the outset. And now sit and wait like an idiot for a so called major patch that could or could not make the klingons a happy faction worth playing. Which by the way will only be implemented AFTER we have to start paying for the game.

This should have been added by launch, NOT when we have to start paying for subs. I mean I already shelled out money to play head start, which was a shambles in itself what with all the downtime. And then when the game goes live, our main resource for experience is cut down in a recent patch? Gimme a frikkin break. Its like the devs are purposefully trying to make us all leave. Well, I will be once my gametime is up. Unless they do something about it before it expires. Otherwise, im outta here
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-13-2010, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheem View Post
What post-launch Klingon nerfs have there been? I can't think of any...

Anyway, I logged on my T1 Klingon, and there were hardly any Federation players in the queue; it was almost entirely Klingons. I logged out and switched over to T4 Federation, and it was the exact opposite - plenty of Federation and no Klingons.
Go back to fed. its better that way.

I know its hard to follow forums or ingame zone chat. its been like discussed in lenght in both places that the PvP exp nerf was intoduced some days ago.

Also there was nerfs on us in headstartweek.

Its just not documented as they just ninja pätch it in. Thinking they can get away with it !
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-13-2010, 07:03 AM
As much as i hate to say it, they should have omitted the Klingon Faction completely for launch and added it with the famous 45 day patch. For the majority, having things the way they are just now is doing nothing but having an adverse effect on the games population and reputation.

T5 PvP can be fun, but is in many ways less so than many straight up non subscription multi-player games out there that have a lot more varied game types and maps to play them on. When there is often more enjoyment to be had from them it makes it hard for people to justify paying a subscription for promises, especially when the MMO industry as a whole has become fluent at handing those promises out and not backing them up within a reasonable time frame.

And yet, release Klingons as a shadow they did. I can't see the population getting any better between now and the promises for the future arriving, they'll simply get worse. It's one of those things where people will have to choose to either endure, switch faction or move on and i'd say that many will choose one of the two latter.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-13-2010, 07:07 AM
The experience for Klingon PvP has been knocked back so far it's discouraging. I was 1 of about 10 Klingons PvPing last night, and after the entire evening went up like 2 grades. Lovely. Well, at least my LC will still be able to try the T2 cruiser when it arrives...
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-13-2010, 07:11 AM
I'll be hitting klingon "Admiral" either today or tomorrow. I'll be one extra person in queue at least.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-13-2010, 07:22 AM
I should have specified, I was in T2. I suspect the other tiers are similar.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-13-2010, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
When i started replying my post was going to be more relevant but my mind and fingers wandered lol.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneth
What the heck happened? There is NO pvp going on red side or at least with T2, my only other option to level now is the Expanse and I would rather poke my eyes out than farm that place for hours/days. What the heck happened to make all the pvp empty? It cant be new pve content, if it is its not around my level. What gives?
Hm.. let's see.

Imagine if cryptic was a restaraunt owner. KDF would be a menu with 2 items on it. We're the loyal customers. We just came in today to find the portions smaller, prices higher and service ruder than usual, and noplace to sit.

When you've got a couple thousand people playing waiting for content, and you instead released end-game content for folks who poopsocked or exploited to cap, it's a turnoff.

Cryptic's game, so they are free to shoot themselves in the ass - they've certainly done it plenty of times in other games.

I wager most people are either playing fed or letting their month run out and playing something else.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-13-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
It doesn't get any better in Tier 3. Matter of fact, I think it gets worse the higher Tier you get for KDF (my guess) since the number of players at higher ranks taper off compared to the lower ones.