Career Officer
# 11
07-02-2014, 10:27 PM
I do, but this maintenance - since it is longer than normal - wipes out the entire block of time from when I get up in the morning (it actually starts before that) until I leave the house (I'm normally on from about 7:45-10 AM; I start work at 11)... normally I have 30 minutes in between (the 9:30 to 10 part, as the maintenance usually ends at either 9:00 or 9:30). That first post was pretty much as soon as I got home and found out about this (with less than 24 hr warning I might add, as it wasn't posted before I left this morning).

Now, I either have to let them slide or get up an hour early to beat the start of the maintenance period.

For a season launch or a major patch fix, I can understand that might be necessary. But we're talking about the second week in a row with no patch notes at all!

Last edited by westmetals; 07-02-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
07-02-2014, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophere View Post
So I take it that any attention to the graphics issue(s) is going to have to wait till after S9.5????

See here... here... here... here... here...

630 replies... 28,575 views...

71 days without one Dev reply...

Patience and understanding.... running a little low on both....
Eh, boots for Liberated Borg Romulans have been bugged since the launch of Legacy of Romulus, and there's still no incoming fix for those either.
Lieutenant
# 13
07-02-2014, 11:04 PM
Don't complain about that there are no patches.

Better check the patch notes for the Tribble Server first.

If the patch on the tribble Serever doesn't work than they need time to repair it.

And if something crashes the tribble server it will crashes the normal servers.

have this seen few times in the 3 years of play.
Empire Veteran
# 14
07-02-2014, 11:39 PM
And don't forget the times where a perfectly working tribble release crashed on Holodeck all the time. Happened several times as well in the past.
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
07-03-2014, 12:13 AM
In a Chekov voice: Stealth nerfs incoming!

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) - I only play one char now, such is the state of the game..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Captain
# 16
07-03-2014, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westmetals View Post

For a season launch or a major patch fix, I can understand that might be necessary. But we're talking about the second week in a row with no patch notes at all!
Actually it's the third iirc
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Republic Veteran
# 17
07-03-2014, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtac124 View Post
3 hour downtime with no patch notes?

I'm not usually one to make a fuss about changes but I am concerned when the changes aren't even disclosed.
Would really like patch notes. I mean if it's secret hush hush security stuff the least they could do is 'routine maintenance' lol.
Lieutenant
# 18
07-03-2014, 03:05 AM
Usually I'm positive about game changes, lately it does appear to be going in a mostly negative direction. New people, questionable decisions, blatant censorship on the forums, what's going on Cryptic?
Republic Veteran
# 19
07-03-2014, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathomas View Post
Usually I'm positive about game changes, lately it does appear to be going in a mostly negative direction. New people, questionable decisions, blatant censorship on the forums, what's going on Cryptic?
Nothing new for Cryptic, everything you quoted has been here since the game first came out.

You either like it or move on, shame, buts thats how they roll...

Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS." <------> Grant Morrison
Captain
# 20
07-03-2014, 05:50 AM
"Weekly maintenance with no patch notes" = development effort hasn't been focused on the Holodeck server (we know that, because they're doing so much stuff on Tribble), and it's just going in for the computational equivalent of a tune-up and de-coke. There are any number of reasons why this might be taking a bit longer than usual, none of which Cryptic has any need to make public, most of which the user base wouldn't understand or care about if they did.

It's at an inconvenient time for some people - heck, it's not an ideal time for me, I'd far rather they did it twelve hours earlier, when I'm tucked up in bed asleep. But it's always going to be at an inconvenient time for somebody - that's unavoidable.

Personally, I'm kind of relieved that the game does get regular maintenance downtime. The alternative would be for the servers to stagger on, getting steadily slower and less stable, until the whole game goes down in a massive crash. Which would be a darn sight more inconvenient than the current system.

(Yes, yes, I know we live in a world where some online systems can have 24/7/365 availability and 99.999% uptime. Think about how much that costs, and what STO's revenue is like.)
Closed Thread