Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-13-2010, 03:36 PM
The fact this thread was started at all is in rather bad taste....

Fair enough if something noteworthy was actually achievable in game , but a win over a PuG?

Pffft
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Just becuase you were the first bunch to get mutliple chars to tier 5 does not mean your "crew" is going to be the best at teamwork.

No doubt there are plenty of people from multiple other mmo's out there who are / were the best group of teamwork guys from thier prospective games.

We / I have around 7 people from SWG who were some of the best SWG pvpers from europe-farstar and Starsider who know how to play with teamwork and support eachother, however these people also have this thing called a life .... so as a result they are all in different tiers of pvp atm.

So I guess we should be congratulating you on being the first fleet of people with no lives to get a full fleet to 45.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoKi_
Just becuase you were the first bunch to get mutliple chars to tier 5 does not mean your "crew" is going to be the best at teamwork.

No doubt there are plenty of people from multiple other mmo's out there who are / were the best group of teamwork guys from thier prospective games.

We / I have around 7 people from SWG who were some of the best SWG pvpers from europe-farstar and Starsider who know how to play with teamwork and support eachother, however these people also have this thing called a life .... so as a result they are all in different tiers of pvp atm.

So I guess we should be congratulating you on being the first fleet of people with no lives to get a full fleet to 45.
Haven't seen the "life" card pulled before. Truly, I am impressed beyond words at your guilds reputation for teamwork since they have obviously preferred to get themselves split up across the tiers instead of rolling as an effective and unified pre-made.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-13-2010, 03:57 PM
The game is 2 weeks onld and most people are in T2 and your already claiming to be "uber", im sure in a couple of months time when everyone has achieved the same level you will just be sloting in with the rest of the non-factors.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheem View Post
Don't think I've ever heard of Murder Fleet, and to be honest some of those scoreboard shots weren't very impressive at all. 15-5 against a team that did no healing, and your team's heal numbers that low? I mean I get it if people are just goofing around, but eh, whatever.
That 15-5 is just me on my Fed alt Jade actually, not Murder fleet as a whole. I posted it to show what a Fed PUG can do against Klingons to try and get Feds and Klinks on both sides to stop asking for nerfs. People are just bad players and need to learn to play.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larhten View Post
The fact this thread was started at all is in rather bad taste....

Fair enough if something noteworthy was actually achievable in game , but a win over a PuG?

Pffft

Note the troll response ^^, This person cannot read nor comprehend the english language.

Fail Troll is Fail

Za'Rex
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zautin View Post
Note the troll response ^^, This person cannot read nor comprehend the english language.

Fail Troll is Fail

Za'Rex
Fail fleet is fail

'Oh noes , we arent getting enough attention , to the forums!!!'
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-13-2010, 04:58 PM
lol @ Asterik - Nah Matt the post came from Klingons crying about feds being OP as were leveling fed charachers is all. A late night having a bit of fun

I thought that might be the case. I've just started with the PvP and with the game for the most part, and I've noticed T1 and T2 is pretty fun, what with nobody knowing what they are doing and just trying to learn how it all works. Except when some goobers show up who are rolling twinks with top end gear and hundreds of hours of PvP experience. In which case the PvP becomes very UN-fun, very fast. If you want to roll "new" characters so you can show off your prowess in T1 and T2 then have at it. But don't brad about it. There's nothing to be proud of when you're a master at PvP and have the best possible gear for the tier and you are taking on people who are in their first PvP fights.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCWB View Post
lol @ Asterik - Nah Matt the post came from Klingons crying about feds being OP as were leveling fed charachers is all. A late night having a bit of fun

I thought that might be the case. I've just started with the PvP and with the game for the most part, and I've noticed T1 and T2 is pretty fun, what with nobody knowing what they are doing and just trying to learn how it all works. Except when some goobers show up who are rolling twinks with top end gear and hundreds of hours of PvP experience. In which case the PvP becomes very UN-fun, very fast. If you want to roll "new" characters so you can show off your prowess in T1 and T2 then have at it. But don't brad about it. There's nothing to be proud of when you're a master at PvP and have the best possible gear for the tier and you are taking on people who are in their first PvP fights.

Dude its not bragging, read the whole thread before you post, not doing so is a sign of a troll, really. Its stating that a lot of the QQ threads are caused by premades, there is nothing cool about smoking new players who havent learned the game.

This thread is not "e-peen waving" , "chestbeating" or anything else. I'm not going to repeat myself, so read my responses in the thread and you might be enlightened.

Za'Rex
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zautin View Post
Dude its not bragging, read the whole thread before you post, not doing so is a sign of a troll, really. Its stating that a lot of the QQ threads are caused by premades, there is nothing cool about smoking new players who havent learned the game.

This thread is not "e-peen waving" , "chestbeating" or anything else. I'm not going to repeat myself, so read my responses in the thread and you might be enlightened.

Za'Rex
This thread was initially created to call attention to the influence premade groups have in PVP. Regardless of the faction, tier etc a premade group will dominate any pug, hands down. Additionally, there are a number of unexperienced and uneducated players currently playing STO who call for "nerf" when they can't wrap their minds around why they have lost a fight. I encountered one such person in the Borg Hunt ( I will post a few vids I have of this guy later). This guy could not understand why his boarding party 2 or eject warp plasma was not instantly destroying me. He actually asked me not to use any of my abilities with the exception of science team. After making quick work of this person he immediately said "I do not understand pvp or skills, but you need to be nerf'd"

Astrick