Rihannsu
Well, I do understand that I am the only player in STO which is being queued in both ground and space pvp in the same time.
Anyways, it is terrible to swap traits whatever you play. In the feautured episodes there is a space and ground part. There are space and ground stf's.
This function designed very badly. I am constantly ending up with ground traits in space and with space traits on ground.

There are separate reputation trait tabs for ground and space. There is even a free space still to make a tab for ground traits separately.

Thank you

Last edited by taut0u; 07-14-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Captain
# 2
07-03-2014, 07:29 AM
Sounds like a good quality of life update.

There's absolutely nothing to stop people from swapping traits between space and ground queues, or when it comes to places like the Battlezones, when they're already there.
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.

Commander
# 3
07-03-2014, 07:31 AM
Look how many trait slots are in the ground and space rep trait sections: 4 each.

In the character traits there are 8. The idea is that you slot 4 for ground and 4 for space. Even if they were to split it, you can expect they'll probably put 4 each like the rest, so whether you do it yourself or they do it for you, makes no difference.

At least this way you can slot 8 space/ground if you want to.
Rihannsu
# 4
07-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtern1ty View Post
Look how many trait slots are in the ground and space rep trait sections: 4 each.

In the character traits there are 8. The idea is that you slot 4 for ground and 4 for space. Even if they were to split it, you can expect they'll probably put 4 each like the rest, so whether you do it yourself or they do it for you, makes no difference.

At least this way you can slot 8 space/ground if you want to.
Lol, there is no point to make 4 ground and 4 space slots for devs. Our personal character trait system allows 8 active traits. Game is devided into 2 major parts: space and ground. So the traits have to be separated as well. All this clicking to swap them is terrible.
Other players are making separate characters for ground and space because of skill tree(this is another story) and traits. It is wrong, because our characters have to be able to play both.
# 5
07-03-2014, 08:18 AM
I know what you mean but I have a different complaint about the trait system. I went out and unlocked a Ferasan captain to dedicate as a ground only toon. Only to find out a month later that I could change all traits for free on my main two toons.

No need to use the 9 other character slots (well 6 of them are farmers now).

Free trait swapping has killed off any type of alt gaming (on top of the rep grind).
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Commander
# 6
07-05-2014, 05:34 AM
well, since we have unlocked traits - then next logical step is to have two trees - one for space combata and another for land.
Each with 8 slots as we have now.
Captain
# 7
07-09-2014, 12:32 PM
No. Don't lock it to 4+4. That's terrible. There's too few trait slots as it is. You are SUPPOSED to be able to choose if you want more space-heavy traits or more ground-heavy traits. This even applies to boffs. Most of my boffs on my away team have ground traits only. Those on my ship boff stations have space traits.

It's not meant to be 50/50 distribution. That would kill what little semblence there is of customization in the trait system.

P.S. IMO there needs to be 10 trait slots for the character and 5 in each space/ground/rep category.
Captain
# 8
07-09-2014, 01:31 PM
When they fix the loadout bugs, they might add this to it. I'd assume it was overlooked
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Captain
# 9
07-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taut0u View Post
Well, I do understand that I am the only player in STO which is being queued in both ground and space pvp in the same time.
Anyways, it is terrible to swap traits whatever you play. In the feautured episodes there is a space and ground part. There are space and ground stf's.
This function designed very badly. I am constantly ending up with ground traits in space and with space traits on ground.

There are separate reputation trait tabs for ground and space. There is even a free space still to make a tab for ground traits separately.

Thank you
(this isnt mean to come across as rude)
This kinda feels like a 'first world problem' for sto,

just pick the most important traits for ground/space and you dont have to mess around with switching traits, yes you wont get the benefit of 8 ground traits or 8 space traits, but you will have the valuable ones
e.g. accurate/elusive are must for space were astrophysicist isnt a necessary

That or dont queue for both space/ground if your focused in either,
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 10
07-09-2014, 04:59 PM
In PvE, you don't need any traits at all to do it just fine.
If you do space PvP, slot space traits.
If you do ground PvP, slot ground traits.
If you do both, swap them before re-queuing.

I'd say split them 4/4 if you really hate swapping, and on the entire subject, if you actually need all 8 to tackle a fight then traits aren't the thing you should be worrying about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)