Captain
# 11
07-03-2014, 12:22 PM
When going to a cluster/nebula/etc, one had the option to check both the Current Map and the Operations Department Head for certain DOFF missions. Because you were actually in a different "sector" map, the options for the Ops Head reflected the possibility of getting a DOFF mission for that Current Map that might not be available from the Current Map list. Basically, you got two rolls/chances for it to be there.

With the cluster/nebula now part of the standard sector block instead of its own sector, is this something that is planned on being maintained - or - will Ops Heads just pull from the normal sector block list and thus not provide that additional opportunity for those particular DOFF missions.

My apologies if this has already been answered. I remember it being brought up as an issue, but I do not recall any answer.

Thank you.

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Arcadia, Benthan Assault Cruiser
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
07-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Well, I don't like it, and I hope that there's a major overhaul on the horizon.

ATTN Devs, Trendy, Smirk, anyone: Can you confirm that Expansion 2 will contain a revamped exploration system?
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al! Our theme song
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
07-03-2014, 12:25 PM
While I appreciate the developers desire to remove substandard content, I feel that removing content like this forces players into repeating the same handful of queued missions, increasing player burnout, and only serves to make the game feel smaller and more linear. That's a terrible thing for an MMO.

You're only making the game smaller and less an MMO.

@greendragoon
Career Officer
# 14
07-03-2014, 12:26 PM
How did a non-Community Manager post a thread in here, let alone before Trendy?
Republic Veteran
# 15
07-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
While I appreciate the developers desire to remove substandard content, I feel that removing content like this forces players into repeating the same handful of queued missions, increasing player burnout, and only serves to make the game feel smaller and more linear. That's a terrible thing for an MMO.

You're only making the game smaller and less an MMO.
This. In full.
Captain
# 16
07-03-2014, 12:28 PM
A Foundry door? That's what it's being reduced to?

This is a solution to nothing! The Foundry has been there all along for anyone who wanted to use it. I won't deny it could do with being made more accessible, but that should not come at the expense of any other feature of the game; especially one as important to the theme of Star Trek as exploration.

Besides, I thought the clusters were being removed because of quality issues. You guys think leaving it to Foundry authors is going to do anything to fix that? Or do you just not care since Foundry missions can't be used to farm materials?

If there was a problem with the clusters, then you needed to fix the clusters; not do away with them and not even bother replacing them.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
07-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Should have removed pvp instead.
Empire Veteran
# 18
07-03-2014, 12:30 PM
I may be compelled now to actually go for the exploration accolades since they are tracked by doff missions.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 19
07-03-2014, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedsnake001 View Post
Thread merge; this started off in the crafting blog thread.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Career Officer
# 20
07-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedsnake001 View Post
Those first posts were in the larger sticky thread before being moved down here. They were made before this thread, so they appear before Trendy's post.
@HyperLimited