Captain
# 31
07-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Are there any tribble fleets with the tailor unlocked? I would like to take a look at that uniform.

Would love an invite Curzon Peers@Raptor63549
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-03-2014, 05:48 PM
That Ody dress jacket is awesome!

Great work art folks.
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
[*]Two titles have been added for participating in the prior incarnation of the crafting system:
  • "Genius", for having reached 1500 General Research Skill.
Dammit. Now I am going to have to create and level a Cirno toon before the Season hits.
Career Officer
# 34
07-03-2014, 05:58 PM
I'd like to see a comment in the patch notes about the status of the Duty Officer UI. I must admit I was one of those people who loudly and non-constructively commented about the DOff UI and demanded it be returned to what is on Holodeck.

Looking at it now, I offer the following.
  • The refinements I see in this build are nice... I see where you are heading and it is getting better. I can see myself liking this more if you work at it some more.
  • I'd like to see the titles for each DOff mission have slightly bigger or bolder font. Just a little more, maybe a point size and bolded or just two point sizes and plain or just a point size...
  • I'd like to see the mission list tightened up. I realize you don't want things to look to busy, but I think it's still too bulky. I think they should be the same height as the duty officer rows in the "plan assingment" section. That is a good size.
  • When planning the missions, I'd really like to avoid the Select button and the UI pop up when picking another DOff. There are times where you don't want to send your best DOff out on a particular mission. The workflow you have now makes that too much of a pain to easily manage. How about a panel that slides in or expands the from the side or bottom that has your officers listed? I really don't like the extra window.
  • When planning missions, I'd like to see a way to bring back the auto selected duty officers.
  • In general, we could select duty officers with amazing speed with the current system on holodeck, the current workflow for selecting officers during the planning stage is not up to par. I would like to see it re-worked.

I hope a dev see's this and find these comments constructive.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 07-03-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Career Officer
# 35
07-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
So, since the chances are still borked, can we have a dev announce about what they want the chances to be? So, say you are at lvl 15 in a school, and you have a white doff, and are crafting a Mk XII item. What should the chance spread look like?

What about with a green doff, a blue one, purple?

I ask because if the chance for a purple item is something like 50%, on average you will get what you want after crafting 2 items, for a cost of 10,000 dilithium. Not bad.

On the other hand, if the chance is 10%, on average you will get what you want after crafting ten items, for a cost of 50,000 dilithium. And that is just basic chance of purple, not adding in all of the other stuff like you want this specific mod on a purple, and so forth.
I have seen screenshot from the initial build showing the chances of MKXII purple sitting around 32% with a purple doff at level 20. It may have changed since then, and since they fixed the Aegis shield bug (where it was craftable from level 0) I can't easily check myself.

The real issue is just because an item is purple doesn't mean it is what I want. For weapons, I currently run Fleet dbb's [acc] x2 [critd], and the current crafting system will give me random modifiers. Not only will I have to craft a dbb 3 times (on average) to get a purple but I then have to do that over a many many times to get that dbb [acc]x3 that I want. So, even with the reduced Dil costs I don't think it goes far enough to offset the random modifier problem.

That also doesn't include the thousands of hours it takes to get to that level in a crafting school (since the bug exploit for the shield school has been legitimately removed)

I just don't see the system working at all (unless the fundamental mechanics are changed) until the next phase of crafting updates (like being able to pick and change modifiers) gets implemented, if it ever does get implemented.

Last edited by losdos; 07-03-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Career Officer
# 36
07-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazabok View Post
That Ody dress jacket is awesome!

Great work art folks.
Agreed. The TNG Admiral/WOK/Odyssey mix is just right. VERY well done, devs - bravo.
So, I am sitting alongside a Caitian Atrox Carrier at Earth Spacedock, and I think to myself "Man, that ship has a lot of windows".

Then it occurs to me that it makes a lot of sense, because cats love to sit in windows.
Rihannsu
# 37
07-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabytrek View Post
Noticed a sneaky little tailor option in addition to the new uniforms. The color palette for badges and ranks (Starfleet) has been updated with new off-gold colors that REALLY help with the look of TNG era uniforms:

Before:

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/p.../oldcolors.jpg

After:

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/p.../newcolors.jpg
Oh, nice. This'll help a ton with authenticity, yes yes

Quote:
As for the Odyssey uniforms. The vet reward one is the long variant as worn by the Chief Medical Officer on the new ESD. The Tactical variant is basically just the same as the Odyssey we currently have, but with more prominent seams. The Dress variant, however...

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/p...niform_001.jpg

Looks sort of like a 2410 take on the WOK-era uniforms. There is a basic Dress version, and a variant for Sciences, Engineering, and Tactical, with each division having its symbol represented on the shoulder strap.
Sweet!! I totally want this one! Good show, Cryptic.

As for the rest, it all looks pretty awesome. Especially the lowered dil costs. Though it still needs work, I've now gone from "meh" to "legitimately excited" about the crafting revamp.
Career Officer
# 38
07-03-2014, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
In the long run, it's much safer (for both us, and players) to require this extra transactional step. Plus, it gives you another (small) excuse to visit that Starbase you put so much time and effort into!
Also, we'd use our starbases for parties if cross-faction invites were possible and the zone held more than 25. Do want!
Lieutenant
# 39
07-03-2014, 09:09 PM
So I went back on Tribble and fiddled around on the tailor some more. The Odyssey Tactical uniform is much more than I thought it originally was:

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/p...ctical_001.png

It has its own unique pants (tight) and boots, which are only available for tight pants or knee level pants. And it has attachable hip and arm pouches, which as far as I can tell you can also use with other uniforms. Pretty good for a "Starfleet soldier" type of look, which I'm guessing is what the devs were going for.
@GabyBee

Lt. Commander
# 40
07-03-2014, 09:18 PM
Quote:
So I went back on Tribble and fiddled around on the tailor some more. The Odyssey Tactical uniform is much more than I thought it originally was:

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/p...ctical_001.png

It has its own unique pants (tight) and boots, which are only available for tight pants or knee level pants. And it has attachable hip and arm pouches, which as far as I can tell you can also use with other uniforms. Pretty good for a "Starfleet soldier" type of look, which I'm guessing is what the devs were going for.
Thanks for showing both unis. Apparently most of the tribble fleets are full so I can't see them

Is there any pics of the Klink unis?