Lt. Commander
# 131
05-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
I really wish there were 1 on 1 PvP maps corresponding to the dailies!

I wouldn't mind getting defeated by another opponent if I didn't have to deal with the backstabbing.

What is it with Klingons anyway, they always have to have a gimmick:

Carrier spam so it's hard to target the carrier,

Attack one ship with a pack of 6?

VM someone immediately before pouncing...

Always attack from the rear "Sparta!"

I don't know if these types of players would actually do the 1 on 1 because even though their ships are superior, they rely on these gimmicks too much.

It would be much easier to defeat these gimmicks 1 on 1 and I think it's more realistic to the Star trek shows and movies. (When surrounded by only 3 Klingons Kirk chose to trick them rather than attack.)
Yea, where is the Klingon honor? I can count on my hand how many times I've had a true 1 on 1 against a klingon. They will usually just run, even when I am damaged and they could have the upper hand. I fought this one guy for almost 3-4 minutes, seemed like forever. I was in my Galaxy and he was in a Vorcha and we found each other on the edge of the map. With all our shielding abilities popping off the battle lasted forever. It was awesome. I eventually destroyed him with a lucky crit, but thats how PvP should be.
Lt. Commander
# 132 ugh
05-23-2010, 06:31 AM
Too much to read man...
Lt. Commander
# 133
05-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Just enough to necro the thread?
Lt. Commander
# 134
06-04-2010, 03:13 PM
In light of Season 1.2, I re-checked this guide a few times, and I have not seen anything that needs changing yet.

If anyone spots anything that should be updated for consistency with the new changes on Holodeck, please let me know.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 135
06-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
In light of Season 1.2, I re-checked this guide a few times, and I have not seen anything that needs changing yet.

If anyone spots anything that should be updated for consistency with the new changes on Holodeck, please let me know.

Thanks!
In light of shield heals now being more workable but nontrivial than before, I would suggest that a section on spamming Distribute Shield Power be added, possibly including the console command that binds weapons fire and shield balancing to the same key.

People are always amazed how much better shields are when you move the shield around your ship instead of your ship around the shield. Evening out the shields for healing is a big plus too.
Lt. Commander
# 136
06-08-2010, 08:38 AM
nice job with the guide OP! Lots of PVP basics in here which makes a lot of sense!

i would recommend adding emphasis to the use of hull heal cycle, which since patch is much more efficient at keeping your hull up during sustained (but not full FF) attack

id love to see a fleet record a video of their team doing a kolverd starburst lol, that'd be neat to watch
Lt. Commander
# 137
06-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Did I miss something> I just came back from a short absence. I used to play Klingon PvP decided to take my Fed ship out for a spin in PvP. All PUG, lost one match of 10. the one lost st 2 fed against 3 KDF and still the fed got 8 kills. I was worried they nerfed the Kingons too bad.
Lt. Commander
# 138
06-21-2010, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtedExtra
Did I miss something> I just came back from a short absence. I used to play Klingon PvP decided to take my Fed ship out for a spin in PvP. All PUG, lost one match of 10. the one lost st 2 fed against 3 KDF and still the fed got 8 kills. I was worried they nerfed the Kingons too bad.
Oh come on, it's hardly Cryptic's fault that you betrayed the Klingon Empire and now fight for the Federation!

It might just have been a fluke. But if anything changed for Klingons, I have my doubts that the extra console slots and the return of the +15 % damage buff after decloaking hurt them. What might have hurt them that people can now last longer in battle, and the usual alpha strike doesn't work as reliable as before.

Or it's something else entirely. People are playing more PvP or getting more experience in PvP now, reaching a state the Klingon side had already reached a month into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 139
06-23-2010, 03:02 PM
http://theenginescannaetakeit.wordpress.com/
THIS PAGE, read it its the sto bible imo
Lt. Commander
# 140
06-25-2010, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
http://theenginescannaetakeit.wordpress.com/
THIS PAGE, read it its the sto bible imo
It seems a little outdated by now, unfortunately. It doesn't contain the changes to how the power system works in regards to shields and aux.