Lt. Commander
# 71
02-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Very good info Matt, thanks for this. I have a couple other related questions if you know.

1) are turrets(of any type) immune to feedback pulse?
2) do science team 1 and science team 2 share a cool down or can they be used consecutively to remove stacked science attacks?
3) Attack pattern omega...can you use it on yourself or only an ally?

thanks again
Lt. Commander
# 72
02-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Kobayashi_Maru
Very good info Matt, thanks for this. I have a couple other related questions if you know.

1) are turrets(of any type) immune to feedback pulse? They are considered bolt weapons, so they should not be affected.
2) do science team 1 and science team 2 share a cool down or can they be used consecutively to remove stacked science attacks? They share a subsystem cooldown, however the duration of the shared system is shorter and the two can be chained, but not used consecutively.
3) Attack pattern omega...can you use it on yourself or only an ally? Self Buff only
thanks again
answers in red
Lt. Commander
# 73
02-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
1) are turrets(of any type) immune to feedback pulse?
2) do science team 1 and science team 2 share a cool down or can they be used consecutively to remove stacked science attacks?
3) Attack pattern omega...can you use it on yourself or only an ally?
1) Turrets are not beam weapons (completely different weapon type), so they do not generate FeedbackPulse damage.

2) All 'Team' abilities use the Crew system. So if you want to use two Team abilities on yourself, such as two different Science Teams (regardless of I, II, or III), you will have to wait for the global system cooldown (20 seconds). Alternatively, you could use one on yourself and then get a team mate to use theirs on you (regardless of your own system cooldown).

3) Attack Pattern Omega is self only.
Lt. Commander
# 74
02-24-2010, 11:15 AM
thanks guys, one more question, what about attack pattern delta? is that only only for a teammate or can you use it on yourself?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 75
02-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
thanks guys, one more question, what about attack pattern delta? is that only only for a teammate or can you use it on yourself?
Hi there, Attack Pattern Delta is for ally only. Cannot be used on self.
Lt. Commander
# 76
02-24-2010, 04:09 PM
lmao do you think that people dont know the basics??? lol

PVP needs some tweaking. Its not that klingon ships are OP its everything it comes with.

Main problems.

PUGs FEDS- cant change BOs out. Feds are forced to play a class. Klinks are not.

ALWAYS GETTING THE FIRST ATTACK!!!!!! Name one MMO besides this one where this happens.

BUFFS and cooldown. Did you know that theres a 1 sec cooldown on all skills? Not only do klinks get the first attack they get the first BUFFFED attack. I know i know you think im a noob. But you have to understand that using 6 buffs takes 6 secs. And 6 secs is 3 attacks. So klinks can get the first 5 attacks if done right.

Z axis big problem. its a easy fix. CAPS SO YOU READ. IF KLINKS DECLOAK 8KM ABOVE, THEN MOVE DOWN AT A 30' ANGLE TO THE BACK OF THE FEDS, THE FEDS WILL NEVER GET TO USE ANYTHING BESIDES BEAMS.

Buffing while cloaked/healing while cloaked. This one fix could balance pvp. simple.

what ever 100k people playing this game and maybe 60 people loged on pvping. the whole game is broken
Lt. Commander
# 77
02-24-2010, 04:15 PM
This thread is not for debates on balance or gameplay mechanics. This thread is for questions and answers, and corrections or additions to the guide, for the benefit of all PVPers.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 78
02-24-2010, 08:09 PM
Bout time someone made a post for this. I would suggest adding something about if you are going to play with random people, always invite everyone to a team and actively heal others, etc. The #1 difference I saw between fed and klingon was teamwork and experience. Teamwork is easier solved with teaming up and using team chat.

Also, a lot of fed players don't understand cloaks, clear up some myths about cloaks: Going in and out of cloak leaves a small window where shields are down. Shields don't recharge while cloaked. Only the bird of prey can cloak in combat. All other ships have to get out of combat to cloak which can take a while and may not be practical. Tractor beam on a ship prevents it from cloaking (I have had limited success with this). etc.

edit: to big benz: Klingon ships are weaker, so it balances out the first-strike a bit. Rarely do I see feds calling targets, something that I think would help them a lot. I can't use my heal spells while cloaked, not sure what you are talking about. All players have to deal with the limited z axis issues, besides if you can't hit him with dual cannons then he can't hit you with dual cannons, the angles are identical for both players.
Lt. Commander
# 79
02-25-2010, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenz View Post
lmao do you think that people dont know the basics??? lol

PVP needs some tweaking. Its not that klingon ships are OP its everything it comes with.

Main problems.

PUGs FEDS- cant change BOs out. Feds are forced to play a class. Klinks are not.

ALWAYS GETTING THE FIRST ATTACK!!!!!! Name one MMO besides this one where this happens.

BUFFS and cooldown. Did you know that theres a 1 sec cooldown on all skills? Not only do klinks get the first attack they get the first BUFFFED attack. I know i know you think im a noob. But you have to understand that using 6 buffs takes 6 secs. And 6 secs is 3 attacks. So klinks can get the first 5 attacks if done right.

Z axis big problem. its a easy fix. CAPS SO YOU READ. IF KLINKS DECLOAK 8KM ABOVE, THEN MOVE DOWN AT A 30' ANGLE TO THE BACK OF THE FEDS, THE FEDS WILL NEVER GET TO USE ANYTHING BESIDES BEAMS.

Buffing while cloaked/healing while cloaked. This one fix could balance pvp. simple.

what ever 100k people playing this game and maybe 60 people loged on pvping. the whole game is broken
STICK THIS ^^^^^^ .

in all ST films had a cloak a bit drawback. in this game its none. now examine the BoP and its universal stations, and why can be it a lil bit OP.
Target practice: take 3 carrier 2 bop (they use close formation, and you are attacked), and try to target a bop when all carrier spawned all its pets. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 80
02-25-2010, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooka-booka View Post
Bout time someone made a post for this. I would suggest adding something about if you are going to play with random people, always invite everyone to a team and actively heal others, etc. The #1 difference I saw between fed and klingon was teamwork and experience. Teamwork is easier solved with teaming up and using team chat.

Also, a lot of fed players don't understand cloaks, clear up some myths about cloaks: Going in and out of cloak leaves a small window where shields are down. Shields don't recharge while cloaked. Only the bird of prey can cloak in combat. All other ships have to get out of combat to cloak which can take a while and may not be practical. Tractor beam on a ship prevents it from cloaking (I have had limited success with this). etc.

edit: to big benz: Klingon ships are weaker, so it balances out the first-strike a bit.
cloak up, target one, buff up kill. 1 or 2 free kill just cause the weak cloak.