Lt. Commander
# 41
02-18-2010, 12:08 PM
http://www.hwcompare.com/graphics/co...e-GT-240-GDDR5

Thats the most telling one, remembering that a GT240 is low end and can be bought for 55
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuggan
It doesnt automatically make you rich, there were hundreds of thousands people working with PC's in the 1980's. Back in the 80's Gates was far from the only one who wanted to make his own OS, alot of people wanted to create their own just for fun.
I was being sarcastic - doesn't come across well on a forum
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splyce View Post
http://www.hwcompare.com/graphics/co...e-GT-240-GDDR5

Thats the most telling one, remembering that a GT240 is low end and can be bought for 55
Can tell by just looking at a picture of those cards, it looks like a old TNT card. It's extremely small compared to GTX 260 and above.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Well if you say you cant run all on max settings and I can with my "small" card then I guess you got a big problem. I dont know how I can prove it to you. Every setting is eighter on High or on 100% and it is running great, it should run even better with a bigger card acording to yourself.

ps. From what I can tell you must be born in 1978 if you are 32 right ?. If you really are 32 then why would you buy and old computer like a spectrum and a vic 20 that came out when you where 6 years old ??? Then - You running Turbo Pacal under dos hmmm first of all you programming under dos at a age of under 7 - Amazing, if you started later then why program anything under dos when Windows was already out. (Still remember it was on 3 disks hehe)

Where Im from you shouldnt say the you own house with mortgage all paid, (A person like that we call - how shall I put it - "Slow" - "Not very smart"), hell you must pay alot of taxes that way, not very smart to give away your money to the state - instead of making a saving of your own,

(Microsoft Windows, version 1.0, released on 20 November 1985),
(ZX Spectrum+ release in Oktober 1984)
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-20-2010, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darain
Well if you say you cant run all on max settings and I can with my "small" card then I guess you got a big problem. I dont know how I can prove it to you. Every setting is eighter on High or on 100% and it is running great, it should run even better with a bigger card acording to yourself.

ps. From what I can tell you must be born in 1978 if you are 32 right ?. If you really are 32 then why would you buy and old computer like a spectrum and a vic 20 that came out when you where 6 years old ??? Then - You running Turbo Pacal under dos hmmm first of all you programming under dos at a age of under 7 - Amazing, if you started later then why program anything under dos when Windows was already out. (Still remember it was on 3 disks hehe)

Where Im from you shouldnt say the you own house with mortgage all paid, (A person like that we call - how shall I put it - "Slow" - "Not very smart"), hell you must pay alot of taxes that way, not very smart to give away your money to the state - instead of making a saving of your own,

(Microsoft Windows, version 1.0, released on 20 November 1985),
(ZX Spectrum+ release in Oktober 1984)

First of all I was born in 1974, but as you can see I've been living with computers my entire life, my dad being a programmer has thaught me alot.

And the first Windows that came wasnt really anything to use every day, it was still much faster to type commands in DOS to do same things.

And where I live, if you own the house that means you dont have any loans on it. And the only taxes I pay is about 1200$ USD per year wich pretty much all people living in a house pays, loans or not. So I dont get it that I shouldnt say I own the house.

But back on the topic, the card you own, I already proven it to you that it have a very limited processing power. By running the test I gave you a link to you can prove us wrong if you run the test on same resolution as the game. It will then run a extended benchmark that adds more and more particles to the animation, it will then give you a score based on how well your card was able to handle it. The amount of particles is lower than the average amount in modern games.

And about my card, when I run on my settings 1920x1200, everything on absolute maximum, 200-300% that is, and turn on soft particles there are some locations in the game where you will fly into objects that throws out huge amounts of particles, that is when my card gets into big problems.

But do run the test I gave a link to, and upload the results, thats the only way you can prove the GT 230 is a powerful high-end card. Here is the link again: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/physx-fluidmark/
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-20-2010, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darain
Peter, thats quite possibly the strangest thing I've read on this forum. Owning your own house outright is a very sensible thing to do. You don't owe the mortgage company anything, you have a great credit rating, you have the option of remortgaging - it's makes more financial sense to pay off your house than almost anything else. The faster you pay off your mortgage, the less money you actaully pay!

Very wierd.

Anyway - Run this benchmark and upload your score onto their site. Then come back and tell us your details and we can see them online:

http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

is actually a better test of your card - the one Skuggan linked is a Physx test. The one I've linked is a straight GPU test. But be careful....if your card is too low in processing power it can melt it, but you won't have that problem right?

I've run it - here's my score http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/sc...5c52154ce942ef
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-20-2010, 06:05 AM
Skuggan If you had followed the post then you would know the it was for Splyce.

What Im saying is that difeent countries different tax system, so where I live its not a good thing not to have any loans, that way you pay top tax what is like 75% of your income if you are at the high end of the income list. We take lown in our own house and put it into a bank financed stock marked, paying off the lown with the Interest and when there is better stocks the loan is changes to make you pay less, planning it so that when you are around 65 then you will have a good savings and the loan payed off. Planning for your retirement, living in the country with the highest tax system in the world.

And to Splyce, this post is starting to bore me, if you dont belive me then dont, I dont have anything to prove to a young lad that I thing you are. Try it out yourself its only going to cost you, what was it 55, then you will see that I am right.

(Hair on your chest dont mean you running around looking like a monky, aswell as knowledge in your bag dont mean running around with a bag full of books)
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-20-2010, 07:59 AM
Eh?

I said I had had a 16k Spectrum bought for me when I was 6 - that was 1983 and I was born in 1977 - it was a new computer at the time. I never said I bought a VIC20 (I said I'd played on one recently).

I never said I programmed using Pascal (at least spell it right).

75% TAX! The highest I'd heard before was Denmark with 59%.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Yes Splyce your are right its Denmark and no its not 59% at a high income, is 75%. its 42% for nomal low income. no education. High income starts above 400.000 dkr.

You born in 1977 then I wasnt that far off, and Im still amazed that you started programming at a age of 6, damn good going. Special kid ???

PS. Me not spelling it right, try write danish and see how it goes but then again you are a special kid right ?
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-20-2010, 10:12 AM
I never said I programmed at age 6. I said I owned a Spectrum. I could put the tape in and load games. You should reread posts more carefully.

I hope you get a lot of services for all that tax