Lt. Commander
Ok seriously cryptic needs to review the enemy types a little closely.
Elite explore missions = i get wiped out by crimto
Advanced explore missions = i get wiped out by crimto.

This happens in seconds....and i'm an engineer with defensive buffs. >.<
With some enemy groups this isnt a problem, but the real culprit here is whatever modifiers come into effect make the AI dual pistols in particular waaayyy overpowered.

I mean seriously. how do you fight an enemy group that has multiple NPC's with dual pistols, and always automatically home in on you and kill you in seconds no matter what you try?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Ok seriously cryptic needs to review the enemy types a little closely.
Elite explore missions = i get wiped out by crimto
Advanced explore missions = i get wiped out by crimto.

This happens in seconds....and i'm an engineer with defensive buffs. >.<
With some enemy groups this isnt a problem, but the real culprit here is whatever modifiers come into effect make the AI dual pistols in particular waaayyy overpowered.

I mean seriously. how do you fight an enemy group that has multiple NPC's with dual pistols, and always automatically home in on you and kill you in seconds no matter what you try?
Seems to be working just fine for me. Try something different than what you are now..
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Yeah it does that.....until you reach RA5 and encounter select groups of enemies.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Several of us tested ground combat extensively while it was on Tribble.

We reported to the developers while the difficulty slider was great, certain enemies were bugged with an attack that does something like 10 times the amount of damage that it should. These enemies are almost exclusively found in B'Tran exploration missions.

But they let it go live without fixing it. Good thing we did that testing for them, isn't it?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Fun that it made its way all the way down to Advanced.
I only tested Elite on tribble and have problems there, but the difference between Advanced and Elite now is about it takes them one second longer to kill me on advanced. :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Several of us tested ground combat extensively while it was on Tribble.

We reported to the developers while the difficulty slider was great, certain enemies were bugged with an attack that does something like 10 times the amount of damage that it should. These enemies are almost exclusively found in B'Tran exploration missions.

But they let it go live without fixing it. Good thing we did that testing for them, isn't it?
This. 90% of the missions are fine, but there is a specific weapon-type that does extreme damage. I think a dev forgot a comma somewhere when implementing them.

It really bothers me that not a single bug we reported got corrected before it was put live. When facing such an enemy, and you will recognize it by a teamwipe in 1 second (feels like a train hitting you twice with full speed), get a new exploration mission.