Lt. Commander
# 1 Audio - too quiet?
02-13-2010, 09:21 AM
I have had to set the audio to 100% and up my pc master volume to hear the sounds, music etc in this game.

I always have to turn my pc master volmne back down after playing STO, which is annoying when I forget.

Why is it that the STO volume is set soo low? I never have to adjust for any other game, just STO.

Devs' please fix!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythago View Post
I have had to set the audio to 100% and up my pc master volume to hear the sounds, music etc in this game.

I always have to turn my pc master volmne back down after playing STO, which is annoying when I forget.

Why is it that the STO volume is set soo low? I never have to adjust for any other game, just STO.

Devs' please fix!
I don't have this issue with my system. I wonder if a local setting is not working for you? Maybe you have the speakers plugged into the wrong connection, like rear channel, and with most other things it is dumping out full stereo sounds out the back channel too?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSWasabi
I don't have this issue with my system. I wonder if a local setting is not working for you? Maybe you have the speakers plugged into the wrong connection, like rear channel, and with most other things it is dumping out full stereo sounds out the back channel too?
Nope, as I said I only have this issue with sound in STO.

Speakers plugged in via line out as normal and all go through sub-woofer speaker.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythago View Post

Devs' please fix!
I have the same problem
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Ever since I reinstalled Windows and STO, I have this issue as well. UI sounds and music are fine, but ship weapon sounds are very quiet.

The problem seems to decrease when the sound is coming directly from my left or right--it's almost like STO has been configured to use 5.1 surround instead of my two-speaker setup.

Edit: And that turned out to be the case! Almost. I updated my sound drivers, rebooted, went into Control Panel, and found that my SoundBlaster card was set to use 5.1 surround. I switched it to Stereo and the problem was solved.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2010, 08:45 PM
If you zoom up close in your ship view you will found the audio levels greatly increase. It's a distance issue while viewing the ship in space, the further your view is away the quieter the action at that location is.