Lt. Commander
# 11
02-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akwartz
Yeah I'd like that too, the whole "Kill three people in one shot from my obviously not overpowered split beam rifle" is getting old, even when I'm the one doing it.
This is why I've been sticking with my Plasma Dual Pistols and Sniper Rifle. Not a fan of the famous Split Beam.

The Expose system though is quite fun. But some Expoose and Hold Resists Stats would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Ground pvp, as a whole, is garbage, and they need to completely redo it.
It's funny you say this, because this is the EXACT same statement made from Pirates Of the Burning Sea consumers when POTBS was first released.

(By the way that game is now down to a measly two servers, one american and one european, when you consider that they had somewhere around 8 at release that isn't a good sign)
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-13-2010, 10:37 PM
I do like expose/exploit concept, I just wish it didn't stun you for 10 seconds and I'd like it if it wasn't a basically a guaranteed kill.

Probably the biggest problem with ground PvP (other than the 10 second expose stun) are the maps themselves. Small dumb deathmatch maps that spawn you in random places, combined with a bad queue system that can leave you twiddling your thumbs in an empty instance.

The actual mechanics are good (except for the 10 second expose stun) but the setting is amazingly stupid, bland and bad.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-14-2010, 09:09 AM
The concept of expose is meant to keep you close to cover. Not sure if it works as intended, but that seems to be the intent.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
The concept of expose is meant to keep you close to cover. Not sure if it works as intended, but that seems to be the intent.
Unfortunately cover doesn't always work either... Almost need a crawl setting.

Gravity Gun is... wrong game. Or is it...? Mwaha.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akwartz
Yeah I'd like that too, the whole "Kill three people in one shot from my obviously not overpowered split beam rifle" is getting old, even when I'm the one doing it.
That was so funny in OB b4 the hp buff and killcount increase as a tac, wrong but fun.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
If expose didn't do a 10 second hold at the same time it might work, but it holds and exposes so its just a death sentence.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-14-2010, 11:26 AM
I don't mind the expose/exploit, it's the hold that's annoying. Also, I'd like it if all weapontypes were viable options for PVP. At the moment you just have to bring a good rifle, or you might just as well equip a spoon.

That aside, I've never had so much in any other game's PVP, I think the mechanics are fine. The setup however is a major issue. When I join a 5 vs 5 fight, I want to have 4 teammembers and 5 opponents. Why is that so hard !?