Lt. Commander
# 1 Biting Gorns
02-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Hey gang,

I took a Gorn character (as I love them so) and also took Bite for my trait because I want to eventually be a melee fighter. However, Bite has like a 2 minute recharge! Why on Q'o'nos does it have such a long timer? I don't see it being that uber. The two times I got to use it were both on really wounded guys and they died, but I don't think it was because Bite was so uber.

Anybody got any thought on this?

Thanks,
Duncan
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadersson View Post
Hey gang,

I took a Gorn character (as I love them so) and also took Bite for my trait because I want to eventually be a melee fighter. However, Bite has like a 2 minute recharge! Why on Q'o'nos does it have such a long timer? I don't see it being that uber. The two times I got to use it were both on really wounded guys and they died, but I don't think it was because Bite was so uber.

Anybody got any thought on this?

Thanks,
Duncan

I suppose they're not that hungry... yet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 10:17 AM
The nice thing with Bite is that it's an Exploit attack. Save it for when your target is exposed and you don't have any other exploit shot ready to hit him with. It also seems to me that the DOT component will also get a big damage multiplier if the target is exposed, but I'm not positive about that.

Although I do agree that for a trait, it should probably be a bit more useful.

(Also, why "Bite"? Shouldn't the Gorn trait be something like, "Throw Rock"?)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Bite is an exploit attack? So, if someone is exposed, and you kill them with bite, they disintegrate? That is some powerfully wicked morning breath...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
Bite is an exploit attack? So, if someone is exposed, and you kill them with bite, they disintegrate? That is some powerfully wicked morning breath...
Yes. "I bit that guy so hard, he disintegrated! Rawr!"

It's really not worth using if the target isn't exposed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
Yes. "I bit that guy so hard, he disintegrated! Rawr!"

It's really not worth using if the target isn't exposed.
Well, the PvE version causes your character to start puking all over the place... which is basically randomly stunning your character.

Guess the player version doesnt? O_o
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2010, 12:13 PM
My Vulcan character and his 3 minutes cooldown resisted half the time Vulcan Pinch shares your pain.

BTW I think the Vulcan Pinch should be an exploit attack too (minus the ridiculous disintegrate effect of course), after all when Spock used it, people weren't getting back up ten seconds later.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akwartz
My Vulcan character and his 3 minutes cooldown resisted half the time Vulcan Pinch shares your pain.
That one is particularly funny if you compare it to Borg Neural Blast.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
That one is particularly funny if you compare it to Borg Neural Blast.
Yeah, I don't understand why my Borg can use his pretty effective hold on a 1 minute cooldown when my Vulcan has to wait 3 minutes, gets frequently resisted and doesn't even show the animation most of the time.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akwartz

BTW I think the Vulcan Pinch should be an exploit attack too (minus the ridiculous disintegrate effect of course), after all when Spock used it, people weren't getting back up ten seconds later.
Failed hold = finger cramp.