Lt. Commander
# 11
02-14-2010, 06:21 AM
My T2 Klingon toon is on strike until he can fly a cruiser. Meanwhile my T2 Feddie is mining items and mailing them to the Klink.

And that's not all bad, PvE for Feds does have some interersting storyline in the missions.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-14-2010, 06:51 AM
Aye, same here. I have two klingons at LT6 and LT7 ..one tactical and one Borg engineer. I'm not playing either untill I can at least see my own crew on my bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason151 View Post
did u guys go blind when the devs said they made it ages ago and its coming out with the content pack?
As far as I know they haven't said when it's coming out.

Releasing a T2 cruiser with the 45-day post-release content pack would be worthless. My alt is T2 right now. If they wait another week, even my alt will be too high level to use it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-14-2010, 09:30 AM
My candidate for a t2 cruiser (and it's canon too): D4
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Even though the D4 is canon, it is also as reasonable in this time as a "refitted" HMS Victory would be in World War II ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Even though the D4 is canon, it is also as reasonable in this time as a "refitted" HMS Victory would be in World War II ;-)
So too the raptor, since it's also taken from the Enterprise series Given that it was included in STO means anything's possible.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-14-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe59 View Post
Ill take clevage over game play mechanics any day of the week !!!!
Funniest thing i've read in a while - SIGGED!!!

Wasn't the last patch supposed to bring in the tier 2 Cruiser?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cid
Don't worry about it. Ships are paid with energy credits. Just do what you do and you'll have a pile of credits in no time. The stuff is only good for ships and white gear. So, it piles up fast. I'm LtCmdr/4 and have over 44k of the stuff now.
The problem is, I'm not going to waste skill points on "Bird of Prey Captain" and "Raptor Captain" skills. So, basically I'll be gimped until T3 or they release the t2 cruiser. The idea of grinding through lt cmd to commander with a gimped loadout and skill layout is really unappealing to me.

Making a T2 cruiser really should have been a high priority for Cryptic. It is core. Fail.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cid
So too the raptor, since it's also taken from the Enterprise series Given that it was included in STO means anything's possible.
Which is something that was always ridicilous in my opinion.
The real reason behind the fact that the Klingons kept using older ships in TNG and later
was the budget, which is the same reason the Bird of Prey was scaled up during TNG several times.

A very good article aboutwhy it makes no sense to keep using an old ship beyond a certain point can be found here:

http://ex-astris-scientia.org/articl...tlecruiser.htm

And it also gives a good reason why the "it's a warrior race" argument is not as valid as it may seem.

But if you think anything is possible, I have another equally valid choice for a Klingon ship

http://images20.fotki.com/v191/photo...t01side-vi.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
A very good article aboutwhy it makes no sense to keep using an old ship beyond a certain point can be found here:

http://ex-astris-scientia.org/articl...tlecruiser.htm
I'm sure the fact that the K't'inga has, by the period Star Trek Online takes place, solidered on for another four decades beyond what is written in that article and still remains in use as a frontline combat vessel would give Bernd Schneider fits.

Ship classes in Star Trek just have a lot more longevity than contemporary military equipment, for whatever in-universe reason is required to explain what was clearly something done for budget reasons in the shows.