Captain
# 1 Tal Shiar at Khitomer
07-06-2014, 08:35 AM
So I'm leveling my 4th Romulan, and am at Khitomer, as I am starting the mission. I'm walking through the halls when I notice the Fed Diplomats. We all know who and what they are, but these guys are getting bold!

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps51bbe30a.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps94e05302.jpg

Look at thier belts. Can they be anymore obvious.

May the Prophets guide us in these cryptic times....
Captain
# 2
07-06-2014, 09:26 AM
If I remember that mission correctly, the Tal Shiar were openly attending the conference. They may have had a secret agenda, but they didn't necessarily have to disguise their agents.
Captain
# 3
07-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
If I remember that mission correctly, the Tal Shiar were openly attending the conference. They may have had a secret agenda, but they didn't necessarily have to disguise their agents.
Yet they did, I suppose those are the ones that planted the bombs but their disguise are so paper thin that is simply hilarious.
Republic Veteran
# 4
07-06-2014, 04:41 PM
I think it's Cryptic trying to make detection of them "idiot proof" Though that's a futile gesture, because "idiots" are both unstoppable and inventive ...

I guess the fact that they are shooting at you, isn't enough, so they have to give them laughably pathetic "disguises" in order to make them stand out ... Kind of a cliche "bad guy must always 'look' like a bad guy" in Hollywood type of thing
Please ... Make it so ...!
Captain
# 5
07-07-2014, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admrenlarreck View Post
So I'm leveling my 4th Romulan, and am at Khitomer, as I am starting the mission. I'm walking through the halls when I notice the Fed Diplomats. We all know who and what they are, but these guys are getting bold!

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps51bbe30a.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps94e05302.jpg

Look at thier belts. Can they be anymore obvious.

I know I mentioned this in bug reports in the closed testing and in open beta to the devs ig, and here on the forums and it sorta got ignored.

But yeah it makes the Klingons Starfleet and the Romulan republic look like idiots that they can't put two and two together.

*addition* what's even worse is when you look at the forhead. the ridges give away the fact that they aren't Vulcan.

Last edited by astro2244; 07-07-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
07-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro2244 View Post
But yeah it makes the Klingons Starfleet and the Romulan republic look like idiots that they can't put two and two together.
Or the Federation and Romulans aren't fooled they just can't do anything about it becuase the Klingons might throw a hissy fit and might think their in on it.

The Klingons on the other wouldn't surprise me if they didn't notice since we are talking about an empire that didn't seem to get why a war that doesn't affect the Undine in the slightest but weakens the two biggest powers in the Alpha Quadrant might be a bad idea.
Captain
# 7
07-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Yeah, the Tal Shiar's infiltrators disguises are paper thin. rather silly considering how good they were at infiltrating in TNG-(and it's not even clear if they were Tal Shiar agents there) One agent posing as a Vulcan for what must have been decades, and another seamlessly replacing Geordi.

These guys even buckled their Tal Shiar belt buckles over their jacket 'disguises'-paper thin is giving the disguises too much credit.

Though to be honest the episode has a lot of problems. The whole attack on the diplomatic event seemed a bit too implausible to me. Plus the way the narrative is presented, it's a bit too hamfisted in trying to brush the whole Klingon-Romulan hatred thing under the rug and nudge players towards aligning with the KDF-Fed ambassadors are racist and/or stupid, Klingons are the ones who help you out in orbit, it's a Klingon that the Romulan sacrifices his life for, and then all past sins are apparently forgiven and Klingons like Romulans now. It was all a bit too....convenient IMO to brush off all that Trek history and lore off so quickly in one episode.
Career Officer
# 8
07-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Well, it doesn't matter which side you choose for D'tan's sake. He's got his own agendas for reunification with the Vulcans with or without your help. If you decide to raid a Vulcan medical facility and blow it up, so be it!

In reality, any organization or government that sends troops or infiltrators to fuel BOTH sides of a war is an act of terrorism...

If D'tan REALLY cared so much for the Vulcan people(who are founding members of the Federation - inseparably so) why is he so gun-ho about sending Romulans to aid the Klingons and for Klingons to aid the Romulans?

Klingons find the torture of Vulcans and Romulans to be as sweet as bloodwine. (And... in vice versa)
Career Officer
# 9
07-14-2014, 04:28 PM
I do find the episode a bit troubling for many of the reasons stated here.

They do try to brush a lot of lore and history under the rug. Klingons and Romulans have hated each other for decades if not centuries. After the destruction of Romulus and Remus the Klingons invaded.

For those reasons I choose Fed.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-30-2014, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoto8472 View Post
I do find the episode a bit troubling for many of the reasons stated here.

They do try to brush a lot of lore and history under the rug. Klingons and Romulans have hated each other for decades if not centuries. After the destruction of Romulus and Remus the Klingons invaded.

For those reasons I choose Fed.
Same here.

I do understand that they needed a way for Romulans to be able to join the KDF, but I would have liked to see a few missions pre-Khitomer where the Republic happens to meet the KDF and Starfleet on a planet and they help each other out.
Call me Yuka~
~Vice Admiral Saskia - U.S.S. Muenzuka (Dyson Science Destroyer)~
~Lieutenant General Kalinka - I.K.S. Kazami (Negh'Var Heavy Battlecruiser)~
~Vice Admiral Lorel - R.R.W. Aureus Aquila (Mirror Mogai Heavy Warbird)~