Lieutenant
# 1 Odyssey Skirt & Skant
07-06-2014, 10:41 PM
With the new Odyssey uniforms in 9.5 I'm extremely surprised to see that there wasn't a skirt option added along with the new content.

I know there's probably already been several posts on this but I'd like to see how many people would like to see an addition of an Odyssey skirt option. The Skant is still one of the most requested uniform options I think, every time there's some kind of uniform update, people are always asking for the Skant. And with the new Odyssey Long Jacket, I can see it working really well just being a little longer to be a Skant.

So who's with me, lets try and get as much support for an Odyssey Skirt and Skant going and maybe, just maybe we'll get it. (Obviously we'll need some sexy new boots to go with the new skirts)
Career Officer
# 2
07-07-2014, 01:16 AM
No one wants the skant....they just want to be clowns.

So, NO.
Commander
# 3
07-07-2014, 02:02 AM
Starfleet Academy skirt is close enough, just needs colour options altered slightly to match.
Captain
# 4
07-07-2014, 02:21 AM
I'm just gonna use the available skirts. Whichever matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrumnsa View Post
No one wants the skant....they just want to be clowns.

So, NO.
That claim is patently wrong.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Captain
# 5
07-07-2014, 02:38 AM
A 24th century military shouldn't have a skirt in the first place, but if there will be one than I wan a skant as well.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Lieutenant
# 6
07-07-2014, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
A 24th century military shouldn't have a skirt in the first place, but if there will be one than I wan a skant as well.
Why not? A skirt is perfectly functional for most work on a ship. I don't need to keep my legs protected from the environment on the bridge after all. Armour for when you're expecting unpleasantries, skirts for all other times.
Captain
# 7
07-07-2014, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustychat View Post
Why not? A skirt is perfectly functional for most work on a ship. I don't need to keep my legs protected from the environment on the bridge after all. Armour for when you're expecting unpleasantries, skirts for all other times.
Real life military are phasing them out to join the 21st century, the only reason they are in STO in the first place is because they are in TOS and S1 and S2 TNG, then Starfleet also phased them out.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
07-07-2014, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Real life military are phasing them out to join the 21st century, the only reason they are in STO in the first place is because they are in TOS and S1 and S2 TNG, then Starfleet also phased them out.
http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/a...1385595165.jpg

Yeah that totally looks phased out right there,

Next.
Captain
# 9
07-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Quote:
The only reason that desk military careers and coast guards phased them out is because of their feminist social stigma as 'oppression'. After feminism dies down before Starfleet is formed, skirts will not only be socially acceptable to wear by everyone, but will be permissible by Starfleet dress code as well.

...yes.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
07-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartzilla View Post
http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/a...1385595165.jpg

Yeah that totally looks phased out right there,

Next.
That's art from STO. Art from STO that still makes me facepalm. I'm surprised they haven't put that back into use, have you see the rest of the Arc storefront?

The questionable logic of that Vulcan's fashion sense is irrelevant to the point artan42 was making -- find a screencap of someone wearing a skirted DS9 or TNG movie era uniform...you won't. They phased them out on the shows because they already looked dated by the late '80s/early '90s.

Now that said, I do think an Odyssey skirt would be a great addition to the game. We already have skirted uniforms, it's a shame one that perfectly matches the jacket wasn't added when the uniform was updated. The academy skirt works (and is probably the best looking skirt in the game), but lacks the piping the jacket has.
Want to run canon ship loadouts? Join the Star Trek Battles channel.