Captain
# 11
07-07-2014, 07:46 PM
I do think that this would have been a great time to add a romulan fleet uniform to the starbase tailor.
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

And no repetitiveepic, I'm not sorry for any of my posts.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-07-2014, 08:22 PM
I agree and the Nemesis Uniform would be the nice one to have,

Join date July 08
Captain
# 13
07-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Romulan Nemesis uniform has been asked for since Day 1 of LOR's release.

As someone who's primarily played KDF... well, I'm used to the lack of attention.

Cryptic's Development Philosophy for the KDF & PVP
Lieutenant
# 14
07-07-2014, 09:09 PM
I'll agree to this since my Fleetie told me too . Also, the Nemesis outfit would be awesome. Also supporting more options for the Tal Shiar uniform. PLEASE LET ME WEAR THE CHEST PIECE ON MY FEMALE AND A COOL CAPE!!!
Career Officer
# 15
07-07-2014, 09:09 PM
Asset-wise Rom uniforms are already up to par with the upcoming Oddy/Bort updates.

You're just sad because the other kids are getting new toys and you aren't.

I don't disagree with needing the Nemesis uniforms and using this event as a launch platform, though. It just irks me that some folks are creating a false equivalence with fleet uniforms and needing something new for Roms.

I'd really rather they hold off on flagship-style uniforms for the much-needed creation and release of a proper Republic Flagship to replace the Scimitar Lleiset.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
07-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Asset-wise Rom uniforms are already up to par with the upcoming Oddy/Bort updates.

You're just sad because the other kids are getting new toys and you aren't.

I don't disagree with needing the Nemesis uniforms and using this event as a launch platform, though. It just irks me that some folks are creating a false equivalence with fleet uniforms and needing something new for Roms.

I'd really rather they hold off on flagship-style uniforms for the much-needed creation and release of a proper Republic Flagship to replace the Scimitar Lleiset.
Up to par how?
We have been alive for a year and have 1 cstore costume the TOS that still has minor clipping issues, we get the tal shiar uniform for doing the one mission but its not complete...
the remans got half a nemesis uniform

Im sad because we didn't even get an honorable mention in the posting, MEANING THEY COULDNT EVEN BOTHER WITH US with an explanation as to why we weren't seeing anything.

This is a FLEET UNIFORM UPGRADE.....so why not put the Nemesis Uniform as the fleet version for us?
You can be irked all you want because we feel the need to remind the developers they did make us playable, something my fleet spent years waiting for.

And while some of our costumes are pretty decent I still feel it to be a dishonorable thing to not even say Hey we didn't forget you we just didn't bother, hell id accept that over not even being mentioned, they did provide some kinda back story lore for the KDF switching to that as their standard....

So were right back where we started, the Romulans did become the new KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-07-2014, 10:23 PM
I will not stop asking for the Romulan Nemesis Uniform until we get it.

Join date July 08
Career Officer
# 18
07-07-2014, 10:29 PM
I know they might have alot on their plate at the moment. However I have to agree with this thread. Those were definitely some excellent uniforms, the best I'd seen yet in the ST universe. Reman, Starfleet, and Romulan. Not to mention the way the Romulan material just kind of had that bronze hint to it, or maybe it was lighting..
Either way, that would go great on the bridge crews of those brand new ships they keep introducing. Not to mention or Romulan crews could start to look the part.

After this long you'd figure what's left of the Empire should be starting to get to its feet again, and it should certainly have it's own look to it. KISS uniforms... yeah I couldn't agree more with that observation.
Republic Veteran
# 19
07-07-2014, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartzilla View Post
But Romulans already have a dress uniform, and the tactical version is just a slightly different version of the standard Odyssey, much like how the Romulan Republic uniforms have two versions, plus Reams have their own uniform and there are faction specific Romulan uniforms.
Please ... Go and look at the Blog post again, I beg you! ...

All of these additions are for every race except Romulan and Reman ... THAT is the issue, not who's uniforms are better (Romulan obviously) or who's got the newest.

It's about that simple fact! This add-on gives NOTHING to our Fraction! WHY are these two races ONLY, out of all the playable races in STO, being excluded? Even Gorn and Liberated Borg FFS, can wear them, so it isn't a "graphical" issue.

And FWIW, I felt the same level of "betrayal" and bemusement, when I learnt that s Romulan or Reman captain couldn't wear the Original Oddy and Bort Fleet uniforms or the "Warriors Skirt" from the Lobi Store ...

WHY then?!?!?!?
Please ... Make it so ...!

Last edited by bendalek; 07-08-2014 at 12:02 AM.
Captain
# 20
07-08-2014, 02:09 AM
So you're complaining that Romulans & Remans can't wear Starfleet & Klingon Empire uniforms? And that's a great "betrayal" to you?

Really?

Cryptic's Development Philosophy for the KDF & PVP