Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 30
# 21
07-08-2014, 01:17 AM
I agree with the majority of my Romulan companions here: for me it's a problem of equity, totally separated from game issues, but related insted to the narrative aspect: the Odyssey and the Bortasqu' are the established classes of the flagships in the Federation and the Klingon Empire, so it's only natural to follow the "tradition" begun back from making the badge shape of the original TOS Enterprise the standard on all Starfleet.

Well, the news that the Scimitar would be reconnected back in STO, taking back the place as the new generation of Romulan Warbirds and implying that it was an original Romulan design stolen by the Reman faction (as written in a Shatner book, I know, but it make so much sense, given the great technological upgrades it had), was taken by me really well, expecially when I saw that its commander was the daughter of the never forgotten Alidar Jarok, one of my canon favourite Romulan character of all time: it simply all fit together so well, in this idea of a Romulan Republic that I still have to totally accept.

So why we Romulans can't make the further step and go beyond our recent past of difficulties and disgregation, beautifully represented in the excellent work made for designing our Republic Uniforms?
We have probably the most powerful flagship of all three factions (and of course I'm talking out of the ship characteristics in game), a new homeworld and the last, great episodes established once more that the Romulans can make the difference in the Alpha and Beta Quadrant.

For me it's jut natural that, along with the rebuilding of our Empire, even in a form of a Republic, there is going to be an update of the uniform... but not the old ones, seen in movies or episodes, I wish for some new design.
I want the ones that the better of us, the ones who fly in our flagship, use.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,322
# 22
07-08-2014, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendalek View Post
Over a year now, and also that not the point!
In-game, it is still January 2410. "Riov Playek" (our version of the Federation's Captain Player, the guy who actually lives through all those episodes) left Virinat a year ago, but the Republic Fleet as such wasn't formed before the establishment off Mol'Rihan, several months later. So in-game, updating our uniforms would be very, very weird, because we have just been getting used to the "old" ones.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,427
# 23
07-08-2014, 03:03 AM
i wish roms could use the old/new fleet outfits as my female rom/kdf could do with another skirt ive unlocked the Tos rom outfit so that means she has 2. the game won't let me buy the lobi warrior skirt it does not show in the lobi store. ive tryed getting it off the exchange for it to say wrong faction when i try n open it yes i did get a kdf one.
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,032
# 24
07-08-2014, 07:20 AM
To me, the issue isn't the lack of a "standard" uniform - as noted, the Romulans have had that from the beginning.

But I think it's absurd that Romulan Captains can't wear the fleet uniforms set by their fleet, whatever they may be.
You're right. The work here is very important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
Career Officer
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 764
# 25
07-08-2014, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
In-game, it is still January 2410. "Riov Playek" (our version of the Federation's Captain Player, the guy who actually lives through all those episodes) left Virinat a year ago, but the Republic Fleet as such wasn't formed before the establishment off Mol'Rihan, several months later. So in-game, updating our uniforms would be very, very weird, because we have just been getting used to the "old" ones.
Compare that, though, to Starfleet.

If you go by the uniform wallpaper that the devs posted, the "Sierra" uniform was introduced in 2409. We know that the "All Good Things" uniform was worn until 2404, thanks to Voyager's finale. Now, a uniform change over the course of four years is not crazy... but, in addition to the "Sierra" uniform (plus three variants), the FEDs get the "Antaries" (with 5 variants), the "Jupiter" (with 5 variants), and now, the "Odyssey" (with 2-3 variants, now).

All in the course of 2409-2410. I know new ESD looks like a shopping mall, but Quinn needs to put the credit card down!!!

Besides, your characters go from cadet/civilian to admiral in the course of a year... so, going by in-game calendar never works for me.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,032
# 26
07-08-2014, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhall85 View Post
If you go by the uniform wallpaper that the devs posted, the "Sierra" uniform was introduced in 2409. We know that the "All Good Things" uniform was worn until 2404, thanks to Voyager's finale. Now, a uniform change over the course of four years is not crazy... but, in addition to the "Sierra" uniform (plus three variants), the FEDs get the "Antaries" (with 5 variants), the "Jupiter" (with 5 variants), and now, the "Odyssey" (with 2-3 variants, now).

All in the course of 2409-2410. I know new ESD looks like a shopping mall, but Quinn needs to put the credit card down!!!
It appears the Sierra, Antares, Jupiter, etc. uniforms were all introduced in 2409, at the same time that Starfleet completely destandardized the uniform to "everyone wears whatever they want."
You're right. The work here is very important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,628
# 27
07-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffel82 View Post
But I think it's absurd that Romulan Captains can't wear the fleet uniforms set by their fleet, whatever they may be.
And I think its absurd having a Romulan Warbird sporting the Federation Delta or Klingon tri"thing" going around calling itself Romulan, I dont like that they can even use the LTS combadge of their allied faction.

If that happens there isnt a 3rd faction as much Cryptic would like to say, the Romulans would be split into being either part of the Federation or Klingon Empire and we might as well remove these 2 subforums because its already pushing having Romulans being a "faction".

Perhaps the entire Fleet system should not been set in such a binary state or when LoR was planned they should have make then having their own Fleets, perhaps its time we revisit the way Fleets are currently set ... its not by putting a Romulan in a Starfleet/KDF uniform you are making Romulans anything more but Federation/KDF members.
Former Star Trek Online Player
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,628
# 28
07-08-2014, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhall85 View Post
All in the course of 2409-2410.
Keep in mind we had a wardrobe change in TNG and many modifications, just Flag Officers had FIVE variations and Dress uniforms, four.

Same with DS9 that also had a change.

You could simply assume those were "trial" uniforms in 2409 before deciding to go with the Odyssey uniforms, technically they are all acceptable but Starfleet in general decided to adapt the Odyssey uniform as standart, some ships and installations might still use older uniforms or variants.
Former Star Trek Online Player

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 07-08-2014 at 07:58 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 764
# 29
07-08-2014, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Keep in mind we had a wardrobe change in TNG and many modifications, just Flag Officers had FIVE variations and Dress uniforms, four.

Same with DS9 that also had a change.

You could simply assume those were "trial" uniforms in 2409 before deciding to go with the Odyssey uniforms, technically they are all acceptable but Starfleet in general decided to adapt the Odyssey uniform as standart, some ships and installations might still use older uniforms or variants.
Good points.

But, back to the Romulans... WHY do we have to wear uniforms that look like they were bought at Goodwill? I mean, I guess it makes sense in the storyline... Romulans are refugees, so it would stand to reason that the uniforms would look more rustic.

But, I wanna bring "sexy" back to Mol'Rihan. If the FEDs and KDF get to do it, the Tal Shiar and/or Nemesis uniforms are a good place to start for the Rommys.

PS: Your sig is funny.

Last edited by mhall85; 07-08-2014 at 08:56 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 437
# 30
07-08-2014, 09:31 AM
My beef over this is the fact we weren't even mentioned in the blog,

From a general standpoint you have to think that in all honesty with everything that happened since the coup by Shinzon and the events leading to the destruction of the homeworld to being scatted and now more in house fighting....uniform change was hardly considered...

Meaning the vast majority of Romulans should infact have the Nemesis Uniform in storage at the very least

It wouldn't make much sense for the Republic to be sporting the Tal Shiar uniform as the standard uniform since the more Republic is more akin to what Donatra was aiming for, and we would be in those while Sela's group would adopt the Tal Shiar uniform as the standard

I dunno, in the end all I do know is that its been over a year and we still haven't received on any level the most obvious uniform for Romulans to own.


(also since it was shown in Enterprise toward the end of the series it stands to reason that the Nemesis Uniform is the defacto uniform that they keep falling back to after they decide the other ones weren't working)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:50 AM.