Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Help Cant Get It To work
02-13-2010, 12:30 PM
I just got the game installed from dvd, made a freaking account and added my 30day gameplay key, when i sign in to the client i get this error -> account error , please contact billing support

EDIT: im helping my brother out with this and if i cant get it working for him it's only CRYPTIC thats losing money
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by henko95
I just got the game installed from dvd, made a freaking account and added my 30day gameplay key, when i sign in to the client i get this error -> account error , please contact billing support
Same here. When you go into My account it does not seem to have accepted the 30 days that are included with the retail version. When I enter the key, it goes to the subscription page says it is the retail version with 30 days and when i hit submit it says "Please select a subscription offer".

Does this mean I need to to get another game card or get a Recurring Subscription?

It also says in the dashboard there is nothing in the products section??
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Follow my sig.

If you get that error, log into your account and go to http://www.startrekonline.com/activate and enter your retail key. then follow the instructions to set up your subscription with eitehr a valid paypal account or credit card. You wont be charged anything until your free time has expired.

In short, you NEED to enter subscription details to validate the account. Every mmo is like that. But as i said above, you will not be charged at all until your gametime has expired. if you decide not to continue playing after your free time, just hit cancel subscription.