Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellatormonk View Post
Klingon crusiers can't get Omega. So I should be forced to play a pig of a carrier to get Omega? The problem lies in the ship configs. Klingons have crap access to the same powers as Feds.

Why don't you play up to T5 Klingon and then try and comment.
Then get sci team and l2p a little. Or (another crazy idea) get a team who all also have sci team and you can just be reactive to VM, instead of preemptive with sci team on yourself.

There are counters to VM, but not to rev polarity. When it's up and you can keep your hull repaired, you are simply invincible. During the 5s when one is down, I can hit sci team, emergency power to shields, etc etc to stay up then boom another reverse polarity.

Also, klingons have all of the same BO loadout options as feds do, we just have a 1 ensign difference in some cases and you have no dedicated science ship. I can't wait to level up my kling to play an admiral BOP....

Carrier BO loadout is amazing, I would kill to have something like that for feds.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-13-2010, 01:06 PM
i said this in OB, i said it in headstart and i said it today earlier.

" Same talent should be on same CD "

" When you die your CDs should reset "

amen
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Also IMO reverse polarity should just absorb energy damage, not heal shields with it. That way you can STILL die to torpedo fire even while energy weapons are shooting at you and you have to heal/regen your shields actively.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KutsusOG
Also IMO reverse polarity should just absorb energy damage, not heal shields with it. That way you can STILL die to torpedo fire even while energy weapons are shooting at you and you have to heal/regen your shields actively.
bleedthrough? beam: target shield subsystems?

RSP is still annoying though, but there are ways around it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-13-2010, 01:36 PM
How does having more than two RSP work? Surely it uses the same timer for all of the same rank? Hmm Clearly i am mistaken.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
How does having more than two RSP work? Surely it uses the same timer for all of the same rank? Hmm Clearly i am mistaken.
shared system cooldown vs individual cooldowns.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
The duration of each reverse polarity is 15s.

System cooldown is 20s.

You can keep blowing them basically back to back until you run out, then you're waiting on timers.

Thankfully as a tactical officer, i can hit tactical initiative and have the first one popping back up just as my last one is done, basically making me invulnerable (as long as I can hull heal myself) for 2+ minutes at a time.

IMO this is OP'd. With 2x hazard emitters and 1x eng team, I can keep my hull healed. I save sci team and try to spot VM torps and pre-emptively hit it, or depend on team mates in vent to pop a sci team on me.

When they don't focus me, sci team, eng team, 2x hazard emitters all work on my team mates... while I remain doing DPS and being basically invulnerable b/c I can always pop rev polarity and get healed from VM.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KutsusOG
Thankfully as a tactical officer, i can hit tactical initiative and have the first one popping back up just as my last one is done, basically making me invulnerable (as long as I can hull heal myself) for 2+ minutes at a time.
negative ghostrider, tac-initiative only affects tactical bridge officer powers
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-13-2010, 03:26 PM
yeah rsp stacking is great in team games nice in solo games 2.

there are counters to it tho there are a few and some need to be timed almost perfectly, some can be done solo and some need a good team effort.

atm dammage is out of control if people dont stack def buffs will get dropped in less then 5 sec.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-13-2010, 03:53 PM
This is the only reason I still use Viral Matrix. It's the only counter to RSP spamming