Captain
Career Officer
# 2
07-17-2014, 10:38 AM
Why not?

/10chars
You're right. The work here is very important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
Career Officer
# 3
07-17-2014, 10:40 AM
Didn they recently make the Green-Lantern a homo-sexual?

Some sort of character-modernization program...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Ensign
# 4
07-17-2014, 10:45 AM
Pretty much to get PR, and attempting to get more females into comics. Things like this happen all the time. Thor will be a man again when the new Avengers movie comes out. Plus she will be the second female to wield Mjoinir.
Captain
# 5
07-17-2014, 10:46 AM
And still no Wonder Woman movie. DC sucks.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Rihannsu
# 6
07-17-2014, 10:48 AM
it's not really THAT new anyways.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 7
07-17-2014, 10:51 AM
Because just writing a good story to get readers is hard work. Publicity stunts to showcase their Edginess are much easier. I'm expecting a gay black gender-fluid illegal-immigrant wheelchair-bound Captain America before the end of the decade.
Captain
# 8
07-17-2014, 10:52 AM
I think it would have been better, if they still kept Thor Male, and gave the power of Thor to a female to run with Male Thor from time to time.

It's not like they have not done this before.

Remember Beta Ray Bill anyone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_Ray_Bill
Captain
# 9
07-17-2014, 10:53 AM
In a reboot of the original Green Lantern, Alan Scott (the one with the magic ring that turned out to be a fragment of the Starheart, source of chaos magic) turned out to be gay, although before he accepted that about himself (during his earlier life in the '40s and '50s, it wasn't something he could be open about) he did father two children, Jade and Obsidian.

The cosmic Lanterns (Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, John Stewart, and Kyle Rayner) are still canonically straight, although Hal did have a serious relationship with a fourteen-year-old (by the standards of her people, she was an adult).

As for Thor, it's not like the guy we've been calling Thor is turning into a woman, although by Norse mythological standards, that wouldn't be out of line (look up how Loki slowed down the mason contracted to build the wall around Asgard, for instance - and how that led to the birth of Sleipnir, Odin's eight-legged horse). He is being judged unworthy of Mjolnir for some reason, and until he atones, it's being wielded by someone else. This isn't a first either - in the past, Mjolnir has been carried by (and conferred the power of Thor to) Eric Masterson, Eric's son Kevin, Storm (not that it really made her so very different), a horselike alien known to humans as Beta Ray Bill (who still has his own hammer), and, in one crossover series, Wonder Woman. In Marvel continuity, it's the hammer that confers the godhead; so long as you are judged "worthy" to carry Mjolnir, you get the power of Thor. (That's why Captain America, with his warrior's ethos, was once judged worthy, but Spider-Man, whose strong ethical code is mostly about self-sacrifice and responsibility, was not.)
-------------------------------------------

When I make you breakfast in bed, a simple "thank you" is all I need. Not all this "who are you and how did you get into my house" nonsense.
Captain
# 10
07-17-2014, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
As for Thor, it's not like the guy we've been calling Thor is turning into a woman, although by Norse mythological standards, that wouldn't be out of line (look up how Loki slowed down the mason contracted to build the wall around Asgard, for instance - and how that led to the birth of Sleipnir, Odin's eight-legged horse).
Norse mythology is weird.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.