Lt. Commander
1.We are in STAR FLEET NOW so why oh why oh why add a uniform select screen!!! we are in an organization that prides itself on certain values much like today's military IE all wear same uniform use same vehicles and star fleet should be no exception.
The uniform in current use i believe is the grey top black bottom and colour underneath jersey depending on where you are assigned,maybe its a bit much to ask to all to wear this but common some of the stuff i seen peeps wearing OMG!!!!!!!
I know its all about customizing etc but you got your chars and Bo's for that uniform should the same in my eyes.

2.Same goes for ships,stick to standard models slight variants of models but stuff with red,blue stripes etc as if.
Yes you can call me a sticker for these things but its part of the universe Gene Roddenberry created and we play in this universe so should adhere to simple rules also.

If ya want to wear fancy colour stuff go play wow or lotro
3. Where are the star Fleet swooshes of the ships you know the 2 red lines ending in a yellow star fleet triangle usually found on nacelles or the mid section of the ship with the NCC and ship no in between not much to ask to have this inc

http://members.multimania.co.uk/rabidmoggy/nova-top.jpg

RANT OVER
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murbs
1.We are in STAR FLEET NOW so why oh why oh why add a uniform select screen!!!
One of the tool tips on the loading screen states that in the year #### starfleet relaxed its regulations and allowed officers a choice of uniforms.

Im a customisation Junkie, i dont think we have enouth. hehe
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Somewhere cryptic stated that every design decision they made had to be cleared with CBS, the holder of the Star Trek IP. If they are ok with the multiple uniforms and ships designs, who are you to pitch a fit?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2010, 01:51 PM
This is an MMO. Customization is necessary. They had to come up with a reasonable way to allow players to customize their characters. They actually did not fail in doing that. Go Team Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
1.We are in STAR FLEET NOW so why oh why oh why add a uniform select screen!!! we are in an organization that prides itself on certain values much like today's military IE all wear same uniform use same vehicles and star fleet should be no exception.
The uniform in current use i believe is the grey top black bottom and colour underneath jersey depending on where you are assigned,maybe its a bit much to ask to all to wear this but common some of the stuff i seen peeps wearing OMG!!!!!!!
I know its all about customizing etc but you got your chars and Bo's for that uniform should the same in my eyes.

2.Same goes for ships,stick to standard models slight variants of models but stuff with red,blue stripes etc as if.
Yes you can call me a sticker for these things but its part of the universe Gene Roddenberry created and we play in this universe so should adhere to simple rules also.

3. Where are the star Fleet swooshes of the ships you know the 2 red lines ending in a yellow star fleet triangle usually found on nacelles or the mid section of the ship with the NCC and ship no in between not much to ask to have this inc

RANT OVER
FANBOI RAAAAAAGE!!!!!!
Ok time to grow up a little now and stop throwing your toys out the pram because everyone doesn't do things how you want them to. OP, this is a cry for help rather than a valid and sensible point to raise. Think about it for just a minute, about the nature of an RPG, about the modern day trend towards individuality in your MMO character.

Save everyone some time they can never get back in future and never post again.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:

RANT OVER
Are you kidding me? This is an mmo and with any mmo you need individualism. Having thousands of players looking the same and having the same ship will not attract newcomers. One of the biggest attractions to mmo's is their ability to have limitless customization. Everyone loves to create a unique character. Can you imagine the cost and time it would take for the producers to allow the actors of any Star Trek show to be able to design their own uniform and starship. I mean really think about the voyager crew or the enterprise crew all wearing a different uniform. It would be too much for them and probably go bankrupt. Like it was stated above CBS and Paramount are the company who gave permission to Cryptic for making the game. Whatever Cryptic was doing to the game had to go through Paramount/CBS first before they could continue. If they did not like the whole multiple styles of uniforms or ships then they would have said no. if you want to be in a collective/hive mind where everyone is the same go play some cheap ftp mmo. There are a few out there that I have tried where customization was so limited the only thing who could change was the gender. Stop complaining and have fun. Gene Roddenberry was all about diversity and freedom and this game is just that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Ever watch the show? At least in Next Generation, it seemed people had a bunch of freedom to wear a variety of outfits (cough Deanna Troi)
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Not sure if the last post was directed at me but I will add this....

Maybe I should have made my point a little more clear. What I meant to say is that having each actor on the show wearing something completely different every episode. I know that Deanna Troi had several outfits I did watch the show every episode in fact. But I do recall that a good majority of the time they all wore the same standard uniform. Only time different uniforms came into being was either a crew member going on shore leave or a ceremony/special occasion or if your captain.

Ok so maybe the actors did have some freedom to wear , but they still had to wear what the produces said they should wear for that episode. In STO you can pretty much change your uniform whenever you like.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2010, 05:23 PM
But powerhue needed to go? So yay for customizing your uniform and ship,but nay to different colored beams?Seems like a double standard.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-13-2010, 05:34 PM
pew pew, shot down! By p much everyone.

There are far greater issues with the game (i.e. need more content) than piddly little cannon/non-cannon issues like this.

I hope that spelling it with two ns makes you even more annoyed.