Lt. Commander
From the Forums

Galaxy class model glitch- Bug increased in fix priority

Wildlife added to planets- Dev team now scheduled to go back and add wildlife to planets. Will be updated in the near future.

Alternatives to incineration for Feds- Jackalope will be discussing the possibility of adding diplomatic resolutions to conflicts with Craig.

High level players taking all the prizes in low level fleet actions- Devs are testing changes to put level restrictions on Fleet actions, as well as adding more high level fleet actions.

Lighting issues in character status screen - Being looked at and should be fixed soon

Issue with Borg talking like other factions in exploration missions- Fix is being worked on.

Issue with fleet bank permissions- Team is working on an update. [Presumed fixed as of the Feb 18, 2010, patch]

Exchange result Filtering- Something the devs want to get in soon.

More videos- Team has 8 videos in the queue that should be out soon.

Raidisodes release- New raidisodes will be released every few weeks.

Accolades- Being tracked so they can be retroactively unlocked for people once they are put back in.

Ship Interiors- A dev says he'd like to get more ship interiors into the game and have missions on your ship. Another link talking about ship interiors.

Relief Aid missions- Dev team isn't happy with how they turned out, working on both short and long term ways to make them better

Aceton Field- There is a fix on the way, dev isn't sure how soon

Overpowered Sub-Nucleonic beam and Viral Matrix- Jackolope was going to talk with the devs about what to do on Tuesday, the 16th.

Broken T3 and T4 Klingon Nebulas- The dev team already has many bug fixes in the pipeline waiting to go live.

Difficulty slider- The devs are discussing it

Ship model bugs- Dev thanked poster for compiling them and said it was helpful.

Autofire- Devs are looking into giving us more autofire.

Future factions- Dev says they ran survey during beta and the front runners were Romulan, Cardassian, and Ferengi. Dev goes on to say that factions with more ships are more fun, hinting that the Romulan faction will be the first. (The Romulans have been hinted at several times before as being the next playable faction). Romulan faction will not be worked on until the Klingon faction is finished.

User generated content- Dev says the team is very interested in User Generated Content, and that a system isn't too far off in the future. Looking to other game designers for ideas on how to implement it.

Non-combat missions- Dev confirms the fact that the team will be working on non-combat missions. Also talks about how the devs will use our feedback when making new content.

Skill System updates- The level cap will be increased to RA10 in a larger update later this year. The two Captains skills that don't effect higher tier ships will be updated to do so. The devs don't plan on making the more exotic weapons types more powerful. They are there for their special effects and aesthetics.

Shield rings- This is now on the list of feature to be added

Environment lighting issue
- Devs are looking into a fix for this bug.

From interviews, etc.

ETA on Klingon Content- Seems to be next month sometime. Second to last last paragraph.

Caitians and Tellarites the next playable species

Dev Chat with Craig
- Many things 1. Devs are trying to finalize what to do about more bridge functionality 2. User generated content is hinted at 3. Release strategy hinted at- small stuff every month, big stuff every few months 3. Possibility of Federation melee weapons in the future 4. Delta Quadrant hinted at for future expansion 5. Definite chance of Romulan faction 6. Devs want to give players the ability to create stories for the holodeck 7. Plans to make more bridges 8. Plans to allow fleet owned bases

Interview with Craig- Devs plan to fill out the non-combat gameplay over the year. ETA for respecs "In the next month or 2". Respecs can be bought with both Cryptic Points and with in-game currency.

Death Penalty- The devs are considering putting a more meaningful death penalty into the game.

More Z axis control- The devs are looking into ways to change it while still maintaining their tall ship philosophy. Some other nice things in there like confirmation on new exploration missions.

If you guys find any other important dev responses, please let me know and I'll add them to the list.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Hey, awesome work putting this stuff together.

Too bad that a lot of people will still whine that nobody's listening.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Added a few more to the list.

Also, if anybody can find the following interviews, please send me the link. Am looking for them myself but it won't be easy. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The interview where they said the in-bridge view was being put back on the drawing board due to fans asking for it.

The interview where they said they would like to get more Star Trek actors to do voice work.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2010, 02:22 PM
I THINK theyre whining not that they arent listening exactly, but that these things arent immediately being implimented, and anyone that tells them "wait it takes time" is a cryptic suck up
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
I THINK theyre whining not that they arent listening exactly, but that these things arent immediately being implimented, and anyone that tells them "wait it takes time" is a cryptic suck up
So what 're saying, that anyone who has the understanding that implementing everything everyone wants while working on other bug fixes and creating more content at the same time can take more than a few days is a Cryptic suck up? i think you have the definitions of "Cryptic suck up" and "Reasonably Intelligent" Backwards. I can understand how you can get the two confused since neither applies to you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
Added a few more to the list.

Also, if anybody can find the following interviews, please send me the link. Am looking for them myself but it won't be easy. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The interview where they said the in-bridge view was being put back on the drawing board due to fans asking for it.

The interview where they said they would like to get more Star Trek actors to do voice work.
Im not sure if anyone has ever thought of doing this before! Sure, lots of folks have compiled info and such but Ive never seen someone do it with recent dev responses to issues.

Genius! Pure genius! Very novel of you. Awesome post!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Does no one remember that the Devs have said, many many times, prior to launch that Klingons were a PvP faction. They were oriented only for PvP. Thus, the "content" for Klingons are because the players wanted PvE content. They have learned that a PvP oriented faction doesn't work, and are working to fix it. I have to boggle at all the people who are whining about it not having PvE content at launch...when it was never suppose to have much PvE content at all, as per the interviews prior to launch conclude.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2010, 02:50 PM
I often feel that the Devs only give us "cookie cutter" responses only to shut us up.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Just finished going through a long dev chat from best buy, lots of info there. It's on the list now.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
Im not sure if anyone has ever thought of doing this before! Sure, lots of folks have compiled info and such but Ive never seen someone do it with recent dev responses to issues.

Genius! Pure genius! Very novel of you. Awesome post!
No problem