Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
...and I can't get RID of it.

Previously, Dampening Field I was showing up on my Science Officer as a Commander-rank ground skill, and there was this odd little second row of background before it went to the space skills below that. I did a bug report on it, as it also wouldn't let me get rid of the skill...every time I tried to train her in a different Commander skill, hovering over the little dot to select her brought up "Unknown Node", and it was greyed out as an option to choose for replacement.

After today's patch, I figured maybe this was going to be fixed. I was a little annoyed that it might replace her current Lt. Commander skill of Tricorder Scan II when Dampening Field I got moved over to the Lt. Commander slot, but oh well...at least BO skillpoints are easy to come by. However, things didn't turn out quite that way.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/389...eningfield.jpg

As you can see, Dampening Field I ended up in the Lt. Commander slot all right...with my Tricorder Scan II skill shoved directly below it. And Dampening Field I was still greyed out, and saying it was a Commander skill.

Also, I STILL can't train my Science Officer in any Commander-rank skills to replace the new empty void under "Commander", as it continues to keep her selection greyed out and say it's the skill of "Unknown Node".

It wouldn't matter to me so much if it were a space skill that was messed up, as I'm a Cruiser captain and will never have an option to use the Commander-rank Science skills, but this puts a bit of a damper (pun not intended) on her ground usefulness. It'll still let me train Tricorder Scan II up, but once I eventually promote her to Commander, she's not going to have any new ground skill to work with, and I can't give her one.

Short of just getting and training up a new Science Officer, is there any way I can work around this?

-Kunou
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 02:57 PM
This has happened to me also except the Lt. Cmdr skill being displaced is Neural Neutralizer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Yeah, Neural Neutralizer is what she originally used to have in that slot, but I trained Tricorder Scan II over it a ways back as it seemed much more useful. :\

Maybe the "fix" they did in this patch only worked right if you hadn't changed any of the other initial skills? :\

-Kunou
Lt. Commander
# 4 Skill is bugged
02-15-2010, 05:44 AM
Bump, I have this issue as well. Wish I had seen this post before I trained it. Now I have a Commander skill I can't use stuck in the Lt Commander slot. Devs, please look into this.

BTW, I trained this skill yesterday after the patch.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 06:45 AM
Exactly the same here, since the patch Dampening Field I is overlapping with the Lt. Commander skill. It looks just as the OP's screenshot - and skill cannot be overwritten with a different skill...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2010, 12:25 PM
This is going on with my Klingon Science officer.

Can't train away from the skill either because it says she doesn't have a ground commander skill.
Lt. Commander
It just happened to one of my BOs too. Wheee. *BUMP*
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2010, 06:44 AM
This has happened on two of my BOffs - both with Dampening Field I. They were not visibly bugged prior to the previous patch. I have a /bug report submitted as #678137 which has yet to be looked at.

This needs some resolution - we can't train out the bugged skill and I don't feel I should have to replace a trained and ranked BOff to correct this mistake (thus wasting Starfleet Merits).
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2010, 08:51 AM
also have this prob, and didn't before that i can recall
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Bump, i've had this problem since headstart