Lt. Commander
# 1 Very rare vendor choice's
02-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Just out of interest is anyone else a little disappointed with the Very rare vendor choices for marks of honor/exploration only Anitproton and Tricobolt are available, soon there will be hardly any weapon variety if 90% of people are going to use the them personally I would have preferred to see the full variety of all the beam and projectile types available in the store at very rare level allowing the user to customize his choice through preference.

I do howver like the Antiproton weapons and will no doubt use those as my main type of energy but I still think that the choice should be there, this may require the energy and projectile weapons skills to be adjusted so they cost the same amount of skill at the moment its illogical to spend more points on improving say Tetryon than Phaser etc.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 06:53 AM
But you have to remember, all the ignorant Cryptic apologists continue to say it's going to be a panacea with the skill cap, which by its very definition will rail-road people into FEWER builds, not more, so only having two weapon types is the great variety they were talking about right? Clearly people don't need other weapon types if only two will be made readily available, right?

You can have gray lumps in brown sauce, or brown lumps in gray sauce!

It's an endless rainbow of sameness!

Where are the apologists' excuses now? How is pairing down the weapon varieties adding to the game? How is taking away the players' ability to choose adding to the game? How exactly is there variety when everyone is forced to be the same (or perhaps a slightly different flavor of the same)!?!?!

I'm having a tough time digesting how "everything tastes like chicken" is making for more variety, or how it's supposedly going to make the game better, or even balanced!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 07:02 AM
I too was dissappointed with this. I specced photon and phaser early on to make room for other choices in skill points so at this point I'm pigeon holed into hoping the auction house has the occassional deal on green/blue and hopefully one day purple phaser array or photon torpedo.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2010, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SesshoSeki
But you have to remember, all the ignorant Cryptic apologists continue to say it's going to be a panacea with the skill cap, which by its very definition will rail-road people into FEWER builds, not more, so only having two weapon types is the great variety they were talking about right? Clearly people don't need other weapon types if only two will be made readily available, right?

You can have gray lumps in brown sauce, or brown lumps in gray sauce!

It's an endless rainbow of sameness!

Where are the apologists' excuses now? How is pairing down the weapon varieties adding to the game? How is taking away the players' ability to choose adding to the game? How exactly is there variety when everyone is forced to be the same (or perhaps a slightly different flavor of the same)!?!?!

I'm having a tough time digesting how "everything tastes like chicken" is making for more variety, or how it's supposedly going to make the game better, or even balanced!
what is this i dont even
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2010, 07:31 AM
It does suck that they make one type so easy to get where any of the "noobie" weapons are going to cost an arm and a leg, because they are drop and the fact that a vast majority of players are not going to be specd for the admiral tier weapons, so all the other lower spec weapons will continue to be in high demand.

but good news is your lower spec weapons will continue to be close to the dps or past the dps of the new purples since you actually have those weapons fully specd out. when sp is equal across the weapon tiers will that plus crit crit severity bonus on the purples really give them an edge in dps over your average greens in the lower tiers.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Will wait and see, it's not like the weapons really have that large of a 'budget' in terms of development resources to create. I'm not too happy with just one pair of weapons being available, but that said, I wouldn't really be surprised if that's just because currently there's only borg 'end game' content available, perhaps as other advesary types of raidisodes/endgame becomes available more options will be added. But that is the future and not the now. Currently, it's annoying .
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2010, 07:39 AM
I to think this is BS. They need to add regular phaser and photon torpedo purple. I droped 700k on green mk X torpedos between front and back because sellers know we have no option and i wanted the top stuff for my skills i trained in earlier on. That or give us respecs so i can train for those new weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2010, 08:19 AM
They definitely need purples of every type of weapon. I'm hoping they'll be adding to these when they release this raidisode stuff. I'm looking at these as "easy epics" that'll gear us up for them
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2010, 12:06 PM
and why is specing for some weapons more expensive on your skills? I mean shouldn't all beam types cost the same skill points? They do similar damage and the added benefit of each weapon isn't anything to make one type better than the other. That's all in how you play right? But I guess this is just another product of them deciding on a skill cap with a system not designed for it. Hopefully they are working on revamping the whole thing, or removing the skill cap.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2010, 01:11 AM
I was really dissapointed, as a phaser, quantum build, to learn that not only does the exploration badge vendor have no phasers or quantums, but I cannot craft them even in blue form at memory alpha... sigh.