Republic Veteran
# 1 Helping Starfleet Friend
07-10-2014, 03:16 AM
So... I've got a level 50 Romulan who I've been playing since Legacy of Romulus came out. She's my main and I love her to bits.

A friend of mine has joined the game with a Starfleet character, and wants to play through missions with me. I've been trying to enter her missions while partied with her, but it hasn't let me. Is there some secret to doing this?
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
07-10-2014, 03:19 AM
If you want to play missions together you unfortunatly need to be on the same faction. Fed, Rom and Kdf have their own storyline.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Republic Veteran
# 3
07-10-2014, 03:20 AM
I've managed to, in the past, help fleetmates with some of the Starfleet-only missions. I remember going through Doomsday Machine with my Romulan.
Career Officer
# 4
07-10-2014, 03:28 AM
As others have said you need to be in the same faction as your friend, and once you are partied your friend will need to share the mission with you. They do this by use of the share button in their mission journal while you are partied up.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
07-10-2014, 03:31 AM
I believe that Doomsday is "timed" after the rom storyline? Doesn't that work as well anymore? And are you sure your teammates weren't rom-feds as well?
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Republic Veteran
# 6
07-10-2014, 04:42 AM
Anyone have any idea when the first mission I can use my Romulan to help her is?
Career Officer
# 7
07-10-2014, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiezja View Post
Anyone have any idea when the first mission I can use my Romulan to help her is?
"the vault" i believe ("romulan mystery" arc for feds, "freedom" arc for roms)
Admin of VPvP Channel Fair, Fun, Vanilla PvP

Captain
# 8
07-10-2014, 09:30 AM
Honestly, teaming is already a bad idea since it just adds more adds to the game to compensate.

Now teaming with level differences is worst since enemies will scale up, your Lt. Cmdr friend will suddenly start fighting enemies that been scaled up to lv 45.48 because he is teamed with you, the lower the gap the less the problems but the way things scale up isnt going to be nice for the new players.
Former Star Trek Online Player
Career Officer
# 9
07-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Honestly, teaming is already a bad idea since it just adds more adds to the game to compensate.

Now teaming with level differences is worst since enemies will scale up, your Lt. Cmdr friend will suddenly start fighting enemies that been scaled up to lv 45.48 because he is teamed with you, the lower the gap the less the problems but the way things scale up isnt going to be nice for the new players.
Just match the squad leaders Level before entereng the Mission and u will fight on his Level.
Captain
# 10
07-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiezja View Post
So... I've got a level 50 Romulan who I've been playing since Legacy of Romulus came out. She's my main and I love her to bits.

A friend of mine has joined the game with a Starfleet character, and wants to play through missions with me. I've been trying to enter her missions while partied with her, but it hasn't let me. Is there some secret to doing this?
You can with your fed friend after Vega mission for them, but you wont be able to get mission rewards till he does the Devidian arc (which is teen for him, but 30s for romulan), then there is break till the Nimbus arc, and then a another break till Romulan Mystery/freedom arc. Whenever you team, let him be the mission leader, and make sure you are matched before entering the mission. Waiting a few seconds o make sure you are matched will keep it in check. Unless you got a photographic memory, or has one of the STO miisson sites up; he will have to tell you where to go. Best way to make sure you are matched with him is to target him, and see if there is a large number between the two of you. If you see none, then you are fine, if you see a green 35, you better match up, or get him to match you. Best to do this before enter a different part of the mission. You want to feel like you own the galaxy, take your lvl 50, and do the real early mission of his arc, and you watch you bitchslap the klingons, orion, and undine.