Career Officer
# 1 Zen
07-10-2014, 03:47 AM
Apparently we can't use Zen in Tribble. I wonder, but would it be possible to make zen items free within Tribble, that way we'd actually get to test the items out before actually buying them? I purchased 5300zen earlier today, thought I'd try out the Vesta pack on my SCI (within Tribble), obviously I can't do that now.
Career Officer
# 2
07-10-2014, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
Apparently we can't use Zen in Tribble. I wonder, but would it be possible to make zen items free within Tribble, that way we'd actually get to test the items out before actually buying them? I purchased 5300zen earlier today, thought I'd try out the Vesta pack on my SCI (within Tribble), obviously I can't do that now.
This would be amazing, think about it, all they have to do to create a testing area:put the stuff on tribble, and erase the purchase after 24 hours (to stop people from just buying ships on tribble and playing there)
Creator of the Contraband Spreadsheet
and the BOFF Sheet http://bit.ly/boffsheet

Career Officer
# 3
07-10-2014, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodroto123 View Post
This would be amazing, think about it, all they have to do to create a testing area:put the stuff on tribble, and erase the purchase after 24 hours (to stop people from just buying ships on tribble and playing there)
Isn't Tribble wiped every so often anyway? People wouldn't be able to take advantage.
Ensign
# 4
07-13-2014, 02:34 AM
I think we if we trying to help the Dev's with the game we should have some sort of access to everything that is in the Holo on Tribble. Like a 12 to 24 hour lease on a ship and any Rep/fleet gear we want and as soon as the time is up the ship and what ever you put on it is gone from the account. We would keep everything we brought over when we transferred our characters but we could try new things and most likely find a lot of the bugs that pleg us now in tribble to be address before release to Holo.
Captain
# 5
07-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
that way we'd actually get to test the items out before actually buying them?
Well I think that's the reason why we don't have free access to C-store content on tribble. You might find that the galaxy dreadnaught you've been eyeing isn't that much of an upgrade over what you're using, or that the Dyson ships are a little finicky and probably not as good as going with a pure sci setup or pure tac. The best thing that can possibly happen for cryptic is that you'll confirm that you want X or Y, but that's at the risk of possibly finding out that you don't. They get nothing except the opportunity to lose sales.

It would be great for us, but maxing out what the customer has access to isn't always the best way of doing business (particularly when the thing in question is perhaps the main way they stay in business.)